Exciting Times In L4

ICTChris

From BBC.co.uk

Unclear future for striker Baros 

Liverpool forward Milan Baros is uncertain whether he remains part of boss Rafa Benitez's plans after being dropped for the Carling Cup final.

Baros, who is Liverpool's leading scorer this season, denied reports of a row with Benitez but claims he is mystified at being left on the bench.

He told Czech newspaper Daily Sport: "I don't know why I didn't play on Sunday. I didn't argue with anybody.

"I was disappointed but I am not thinking of leaving right now."

The Czech international came on as a substitute after 74 minutes but could not prevent his side losing 3-2 to Chelsea after extra-time.

Baros denied suggestions he wanted to leave the Millennium Stadium before the match upon learning of his omission from the starting line-up.

But his admission that he "guessed something like this was going to happen on Saturday", will do little to quell claims of a falling-out with Benitez.

And although Baros insisted thoughts of quitting Anfield are "not in my mind right now", he admitted "everything is possible".

Apparently Barcelona are sniffing around, although with E'to and now Maxi Lopez he might be third choice striker.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go get him Sam. :D

Allerdyce only signs foriegners who are

• Ancient
  • Decrepit
  • Rubbish
  • Obscure

Baros is none of those, he won't be hot-tailing it to the Stade de Reebok.

I disagree, that seems an excellent description of Gerard Houllier's signing policy. Or indeed Martian O'Wheel. Or indeed Alex McLeish.

Baros isn't very good, therein lies his main problem.

Baros isn't very good, therein lies his main problem.

top scorer in european championships in the summer? looks briliant to me, especially when i saw him for 90 minutes against Charlton- a really clever player who just lacks a bit of conviction and confidence in front of goal. but do any players shine at liverpool? cisse was undoubtedbly on of europes brighest and liverpool made him look shit...

Guest Geordie_Elvis

Well I would have him at Newcastle anyday, hes quick, skilful, decent finisher and can play up top on his own or as part of a 2 man attack.

If the price is right I would take him, regular footy and he will get 20+ goals a season.

I don't want to see Milan leave, I think he's an excellent player. Doesn't contribute a lot team-wise but individually he's a real asset.

He is not as good as he (or his agent anyway) seems to think he is.

Personally I would rather wee Diouf came back in be given another shot ahead of Baros. Seriously. :)

Also great to see guys like Potter featuring more and more. The more Scousers in the team the better.

Is that because it keeps them off the streets so people can park their cars without getting the wheels stolen ;)

Personally I would love to see more Scots in the team than Scousers.

Historically all the great Liverpool teams had some great Scottish players. Maybe they could start by signing Rab Douglas. :lol:

Liverpool's first ever starting eleven contaned ten Scots. :)

By the way I see Robbie Foy has been farmed out to Chesterfield. ;)

Never noticed that, hopefully it'll do him the world of good.

Scots, Irish, as long as it's folk who know what it means to walk past "This is Anfield".

Only player to play for Liverpool and St Johnstone? Jimmy Harrower! We sold all our good ones (Connolly, Pearson) to Everton.

It means bugger all. Liverpool, Celtic, it's all self-serving and self-righteous. Just another run of the mill club.

Archived