Football Identity

Scottish Xavi

slight bump for this as the scottish league is growing again, while the game can be frustrating at times (not unlike real football) on FiD the top 2 teams dont hoard all the money :P

seriously though have a look and try a game in the test centre, its definitely a nice way to pass an hour mondays and thursdays, and daily training takes 2 minutes only

Or Sundays and Wedensdays if you join a leauge 2A side

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...

Im going to bump this thread. There has been a lot of changes since this was last used.

The game has developed drastically now with the introduction of momentum and normalised randomness.Also there has been the introduction of FIDAs (FootballIDentity Associations, like the SFA only better run) and i have now been president for the past 6 months. Currently our contingent of Scottish users has dropped drastically and we are looking to introduce more players to the game. We also now have the National Teams and the Scottish team made it to the Quarter Finals of the World Cup (sadly with Jamies help! :P)

So ive added a referral link to my signature, i no longer play the game as such but i manage the oldest team in Scotland (Bannockburn Thistle, again with Jamie! :'( ) so the idea of this is that each time you buy credits in the game (if you want to buy additional player slots ontop of the free one you get), i get a 10% bonus of what you buy and i intend of feeding it into the SFIDA credit fund. We are looking for ways to top up this account before we have to pay to get into these tournaments so all the help is appreciated. Our senior National team has good depth but our Under 21s (where im manager) i have about 8 players that i can choose reliably from. SO chances are, if you are active, you'll get to play.

I wouldnt say that has ruined it. Randomness has. Some of the decision making by the ME is quite bad. But most defenders have learned how to play momentum so you shgould get good guidance in any team you play for now.

I wouldnt say that has ruined it. Randomness has. Some of the decision making by the ME is quite bad. But most defenders have learned how to play momentum so you shgould get good guidance in any team you play for now.

The problem was that good defenders won 99% of the battles and if the attacking team's defence pushed up and sat on the half way line, a simple launch over the top and the attackers will never be caught.

It was a half good idea in theory but it's badly implemented - no wonder all the original players left.

The problem was that good defenders won 99% of the battles and if the attacking team's defence pushed up and sat on the half way line, a simple launch over the top and the attackers will never be caught.

It was a half good idea in theory but it's badly implemented - no wonder all the original players left.

it isnt as bad anymore because a fully running striker with momentum ends up either miscontrolling the ball or his shooting is fucking brutal

plus as bluey said above the defenders have learned how to cope with this, unless you screw up your defensive line then balls over the top rarely result in strikers running in unchallenged

Nah, with normalised randomness, dribbling and tackling is now balanced (or so they claim but dribbling has improved a lot since the 1st introduction of momentum). And as jamie says, momentum affects alot of things now. Moving at top momentum can result in you completely missing the ball (i did that the other night while clean through on goal) and poor shooters moving at good momentum stumble and put the ball over or wide or even short.

I would say for the ones who left when momentum first came in to atleast try it again now. They have recently changed the way players train. younger players train a lot faster than ever before. In theory, a 20yo can now play at a good level in the game. Atleast if you tried the new version and you didnt like it, fair dos. atleast you tried it.

Looks like Scotland will now be pushing through a reintroduction of our youth leagues. Youth Leagues were created several seasons ago as a way of allowing younger players to develop and compete with others of the same age. So if you are interested in joining/rejoining, then let us know and we will find a team in Scotland for you.

• 4 months later...

further updates to the game. Young players grow fast now. Older players dying off quicker. Fighting and tackling not as overpowered as was before.

When the Scottish league began in Season 4 (4 years ago), we had 350 scottish users. today there is at most 15. We need help to be able to improve our userbase to not only help the league (which is beginning to lose its "spark") but also our National Teams at Main level, Under 25s and Under 21s. recently our U25 team took part in the World Cup against 3 sides fielding 23/24 yos and us fielding majority 18yos and we still didnt finish bottom.

You may have played on the old "unpredictable" Match Engine and the fear of the "Age of Momentum" but believe me, momentum has levelled the game dramatically. No longer do the power teams win because younger teams are beginning to understand how to play the game.

Please give this game another chance, even 1 season (3 months) with games twice a week. Help our national teams be able to call up diversity in the players available and push our existing users further.

Archived