A New Pc - Transferring Data To It

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You will live in the sticks :lol:

Come September I'll have had BT Broadband for FIVE years and have had no problem with my connection. B)

Foxbar is finally getting broadband on May 26th - Its been 5 years since ive not had broadband - getting by on isdn and satellite for other stuff.

shocking.

f**k sake, it's worse now

It's doing my head in, the whole internet is crashing. I'm going to call up this fuckin broadband helpline and tell them exactly how shite their internet connection that they're charging me £25 a month for is :angry:

Sam,have you tried running spyware on the BT,BB files? Or run a virus scan on your pc. It might help.

Get Norton Ghost 8.0 corporate

Create a boot disk or Cd rom

Boot from Cd rom or flopy disk, not from windows

(You might have to go into the bios to change the boot sequence)

Select Create an image get 4 or 5 cd roms handy

Clickster

You can't go wrong :ph34r:

Good man Olaf, I now have that sussed.

Now, if you don't mind me asking another question.

When I go to put the ghosted copy of my old HD on the new comp (after I back up the new comp obviously) will I need any original application disks? Because I don't have any - this PC was, off the back of a lorry so to speak so I don't have Windows or office disks etc.

Or will it just accept it and go??

Cheers. ;)

Sam,have you tried running spyware on the BT,BB files? Or run a virus scan on your pc. It might help.

I've had to get someone round to fix it.

It keeps saying I'm not connected to the internet and my computer won't delete files, won't download anything and won't open anything.

Pie and Bovril still works somehow though :lol:

Hope there isn't a virus on board, the last thing I need is to be paying out more money on this thing. :angry:

Good man Olaf, I now have that sussed.

Now, if you don't mind me asking another question.

When I go to put the ghosted copy of my old HD on the new comp (after I back up the new comp obviously) will I need any original application disks? Because I don't have any - this PC was, off the back of a lorry so to speak so I don't have Windows or office disks etc.

Or will it just accept it and go??

Cheers. ;)

No what you will be puting on your new pc will be an exact copy of your old hardrive. Operating system, Apps, Spyware, Viruses the lot.

You'll have to update all your drivers, they should be on a cd with with your new PC.

Archived