Who Is The Best Player In The World?

Guest Lisbon_Lion

Who is the best player in the World?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Geordie_Elvis
You could talk all day about it, it is a purely personal thing I'm afraid.

Exactly!!!

That is what these forums are for, personal opinions.

If we all agreed on everything then it would be a pretty pish site wouldnt it?!

We are all gonna be slightly biased towards our own teams for example I would rate Shay Given as 1 of the best keepers in the world, others may laugh at this......fair enough, it doesnt bother me, like I said I come on here to let people know my opinions and offer my help on different matters,thats all.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll name more than 3.

Sol Campbell

Rio Ferdinand

Jaap Stam

Alessandro Nesta

Lilian Thuram

Fabio Cannavaro

Roberto Carlos.

Roberto Carlos is one of many full-backs better at their job than Terry is as a centre back. You wouldn't want to compare different positions though! Others would include Ashley Cole and Cafu.

I'd even say that William Gallas (yes, another Chelsea player) is better than John Terry.

431507[/snapback]

I accept that Nesta is better than Teryy, maybe even Ferdinand, AT A PUSH, but Terry is a worldclass defenfer and it's a crying shame for England (haha!) that he isn't in ahead of Sulazeer Campbell :green .

I voted for Adriano, I think that wee ronald is awesome, but I just believe that Adriano is better. Also, Lampard is miles better than Alonso!

Firstly Lampard is about 5 times the player that Alonso is. Lampard is one of the best midfielders in world football which Alonso is only good.

Also John Terry is definately one of the top centre backs in the world imo. Only Nesta is better than him and Ferdinand is roughly as good as Terry.

Guest erseofthebank

Could someone change my vote to Sheva please? :rolleyes:

Ronaldinho is class, there is no denying it. His only problem is consistency where as Sheva has been consistently been producing the goods both in Serie A and Europe this year.

Firstly Lampard is about 5 times the player that Alonso is. Lampard is one of the best midfielders in world football which Alonso is only good.

Also John Terry is definately one of the top centre backs in the world imo. Only Nesta is better than him and Ferdinand is roughly as good as Terry.

432228[/snapback]

Alonso has missed half of the season. He is a fantastic player but needs to be seen over the course of a couple of seasons consistently performing. To say Lampard is 5 times better is just ridiculous.

I agree about the centre backs. Nesta is by far the best in the world. Terry, Ferdinand, Puyol and Stam are the other top defenders but don't come close to Nesta.

Sol Campbell is rubbish.

A slight United biased there,

No Ruud/Rooney/Rio/Ronaldo ?  all decent shouts

427190[/snapback]

Seriously overated pish IMO

428296[/snapback]

Are these posts for real? I put it to you that you know bugger all about football if you think Totti is "seriously overated pish" and that Christiano Ronaldo is one of the best footballers in the word. He's not even the best winger at Old Trafford.

On current form, I voted for Frank Lampard, by a mile the most influential player in an outstanding Chelsea team. Xavi Alonso isn't even Spain's best midfielder, that goes to Xavi of Barcelona.

Guest Lisbon_Lion
John Terry isn't even the best defender in London, never mind the world!

431138[/snapback]

John Terry has been arguably the best defender in Europe. Have you watched him play ever? John Terry and Carvahlo are 2 brilliant defenders. Chelsea have only conceded 10 goals in the leauge and didnt concede for 1039 minutes not bad for a player who you ''think is shite''. He scores vital goals and is good in the air and at tackling.

Just think Lampard is a bit over-rated, and in a couple of years Xabi Alonso will be seen to be one of the worlds top players, lets be honest, despite being out for a long time this year, when he has played, he's been outstanding. And the whole Xavi(Barcelona) being better than Alonso argument is academic, because the same could be said about Lampard, he isn't Englands best midfielder, Gerrard is by quite a distance, sayin that i think Alonso will be seen to be better than Stevie in a year or two

Guest Geordie_Elvis
Just think Lampard is a bit over-rated, and in a couple of years Xabi Alonso will be seen to be one of the worlds top players, lets be honest, despite being out for a long time this year, when he has played, he's been outstanding. And the whole Xavi(Barcelona) being better than Alonso argument is academic, because the same could be said about Lampard, he isn't Englands best midfielder, Gerrard is by quite a distance, sayin that i think Alonso will be seen to be better than Stevie in a year or two

448547[/snapback]

:blink::o:lol::lol::lol:

Are these posts for real?  I put it to you that you know bugger all about football if you think Totti is "seriously overated pish" and that Christiano Ronaldo is one of the best footballers in the word.  He's not even the best winger at Old Trafford.

440800[/snapback]

yes of course they are!

When it comes to Totti I really honestly think he is in the David Beckham league of players who are vastly overated, and over hyped by the press. He is dirty,very petulant and also a diving cheat. Ive never seen him play 90 minutes of football that have made me sit back and think he deserves to be listed amongst the worlds top players.

C Ronaldo however is showing the potencial now that will eventually elevate him to amongst the top 5 players in the world. His dead balls and crossing need to improve and under the wing of Fergie then all of the nonsense will be cut out. Look at his performances in euro 2004, he really did stand out as one of the better players of the tournament.

I also think Totti is a bit overated. He is a decent to good player but i think all the hype is unjustified. What sticks in my head about him is the way he tried all game to get Solano sent off against Newcastle in 99.

Guest erseofthebank

At the moment based on current form it is Shevchenko without a doubt. Big games, small games, home or away, doesnt matter to him, he scores in them anyway. Been doing it all season domestically and in Europe so he has my vote.

I recognise Dinho's talent but he blows hot and cold too often.

sheva2.jpg

yes of course they are!

When it comes to Totti I really honestly think he is in the David Beckham league of players who are vastly overated, and over hyped by the press. He is dirty,very petulant and also a diving cheat. Ive never seen him play 90 minutes of football that have made me sit back and think he deserves to be listed amongst the worlds top players.

C Ronaldo however is showing the potencial now that will eventually elevate him to amongst the top 5 players in the world. His dead balls and crossing need to improve and under the wing of Fergie then all of the nonsense will be cut out. Look at his performances in euro 2004, he really did stand out as one of the better players of the tournament.

449092[/snapback]

Nonsense. Totti is the recipient of all the most cynical defending and hacking from far less talented players. Doesn't always excuse his actions, but to criticise him for being a "diving cheat" in the same post as praising Christiano Ronaldo is laughable. And he was not a stand out in Euro 2004, he was a peripheral figure at best, as he is most weeks for Manure. Giggs has the ability to dominate games. I think we must have been watching different tournaments. Mind you, every man likes to think he has the best looking wife.

But getting back on topic, Frank Lampard is by a mile the world player of the year on current form. And he plays for Chelsea, one of my most hated teams in the entire world.

Archived