Grand National

SaintPaul

The National is in 2 weeks time (i think!) anybody got anything antepost?

I got Clan Royal to win at 20/1 and Amberleigh House e/w at 25/1. Both down to 10/1 now.

I think Amberleigh House is a cert to finish, he loves Aintree.

Guest Stella Addict
Forest Gunner at 16/1. Trust me! :)

437432[/snapback]

I had been having a look at Forest Gunner, not a bad horse. It has won over the National fences before, the Fox Hunters Chase last year. Also won at Haydock on 19/02/05 which answered a few questions that were being asked.

Only thing that might hold it up is the jockey... MRS Ford. No female jockey has ever won the National and to be honest, I do not see it happening this year.

The horse I have been following with the National in mind is Spot Thedifference. It finished 5th in last years National and last week won the Sporting Index Handicap Chase at Cheltnham. Not sure of the latest odds as yet.

I tend not to go with early prices for the National, just incase my pick fails to get picked due to the weighting system (not sure exactly how that works though :blink: ) It is a bit shitty though when you see the prices some people have backed at.

I backed Amberleigh House last year at 16/1 for the same reason, that it had won over the fences before.

That and the fact that Ginger McCain said it was his best chance of training a GN winner since Red Rum convinced me.

AH will fare badly in the handicap I fear so that could scupper it.

After Kelami did me a wee turn at Cheltenham last week I fancy that for at least an each way punt. Best price currently 20/1 with Hills and SkyBet

Only thing that might hold it up is the jockey... MRS Ford. No female jockey has ever won the National and to be honest, I do not see it happening this year.

438316[/snapback]

Aye, she'll probably take a wrong turn! :P

Guest Pompey

I might put Mrs Ford's horse, solely because the price will be pumped up because it's a burd.....

Amberleigh House again looks a good one though

It'll be fucked in the handicap and carrying 12 stone

I'm pretty sure Grey Abbey is top weight and Amberleaigh House is only around 11 stone.

Or were these just 'provisional' weights? Will the handicapper asses them again?

I'm pretty sure Grey Abbey is top weight and Amberleaigh House is only around 11 stone.

Or were these just 'provisional' weights? Will the handicapper asses them again?

447555[/snapback]

Grey Abbey was withdrawn today.

As it was top weight, everyone else will be adjusted upwards accordingly when they are reassessed.

Archived