Half Life

I've been trying to get a game of Counter Strike going online, except I don't know how to!

I registered with Steam, but I don't seem to be able to connect to any games.

My PC is pretty new & is a decent spec, well above the recommended minimum & I'm running on a broadband connection.

Any ideas?

I played CS for a good while, play verrry rarely now though.

You might need to update the games before you can play. Can you run the game, but not get into servers or what..?

Are you trying to play Counter-Strike or Counter-Strike:Source?

After much frustration, I finally got online.

What was happening was that I registered with Steam, registered my game (platinum pack), then tried to find a server. It then appeared to freeze with the screen pixelating (proper word?). Eventually this cleared & I was able to join a game on a Wireplay server. Superb fun, but I haven't been playing long, so the controls need to be sharpened up.

Cheers.

How does it compare with MTW?

440146[/snapback]

To be honest I'm not sure. I'd never played MTW prior to purchasing RTW. If you read some of the stuff on the total war message boards people seem to think that the battle engine has been dumbed down a bit. The graphics are supposed to be better. I have recently picked up a copy of MTW as well though, just haven't got round to installing it yet.

How does it compare with MTW?

440146[/snapback]

Not sure about the battle side, but the strategy part looks a lot more complex. They seem to have done away with the Risk-style "regions" and focused on towns. From the little Ive played it, it seems a lot less user friendly.

The graphics in the battle scene look very good :D

I'm worried at the fact they have apparently dumbed-down the battle commands. As far as I was concerned one of the greatest and unique like features of the Total War series was the fact that it combined realistic politics and economics with some excellent battles.

The commands played a vital part. The morale. The strengths and weaknesses of both formations and troops. Terrain. Everything was pivotal to your success or demise. I may go into Game and see if it is supported on my system

Archived