Booing Davie Weir

Will you boo Davie Weir?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Coming back to represent turds that wish his death shows that he is more of a man and a decent human being than you will ever be. It also shows that he understands infinately more than you do what it means to support your country.

Pish. BBBBBBBBBBBBbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbboooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :o

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no wish to read your posts more than once, thank you very much. Editing them after I've already made another post on the thread means I'm unlikely to see it.  :rolleyes:

Anyway, I agree, Weir's a parasite because he only played for his country to move to another club. No-one else would ever have signed him except Everton, in fact he'd still be playing for Hearts just now if he hadn't turned out for his country against his will.  :rolleyes:

You've dug yourself into a hole by wishing injury or death on him, and you ain't digging yourself out of it very well. Do you dislike him because he disagreed with Berti, and you're the only person in Scotland who still has a good word to say about the man?  :rolleyes:

451810[/snapback]

Now you are trying to put words in my mouth. I never said that Davie Weir only played for Scotland to get a move to another club. Only that he played for Scotland and benefitted financially from it by gaining a transfer which he might not otherwise have got. Then when he had made it at Everton he took the first opportunity to bail out.

I have already retracted my statement to which you are referring and would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any offence it has caused.

I find it hypocritical to sing Flower of Scotland if you are going to boo a Scotland player.

452729[/snapback]

And you think I'm being obtuse :blink:

Coming back to represent turds that wish his death shows that he is more of a man and a decent human being than you will ever be.  It also shows that he understands infinately more than you do what it means to support your country.

As I have said above, I am not proud of what I said about that. However, if he was in anyway passionate about Scotland he could simply not have walked away.

Tormod....

Im not saying you have to like Weir, personally i think hes a w**ker for walking away, and lost all my respect for doing so. However i think the main point is that he has came back to play for Scotland, and because he is putting the blue shirt on and representing us, should get all of our backing.

Its the same for club players too, i hate people who boo at the game when your own player gets the ball/announced and things. To me it is not supporting your team, but hindering them by getting on at a player.

What will it take for Weir to get back into peoples good books? Scoring the winning penalty against England in the World Cup FInal?

Tormod....

Im not saying you have to like Weir, personally i think hes a w**ker for walking away, and lost all my respect for doing so. However i think the main point is that he has came back to play for Scotland, and because he is putting the blue shirt on and representing us, should get all of our backing.

Its the same for club players too, i hate people who boo at the game when your own player gets the ball/announced and things. To me it is not supporting your team, but hindering them by getting on at a player.

What will it take for Weir to get back into peoples good books? Scoring the winning penalty against England in the World Cup FInal?

453145[/snapback]

Excellent post mate. You have accepted Weir back into the fold despite what he has done and you raise some interesting points about what it would take for me to do the same. In truth, I don't know what it would take but I'm not ready to do so yet.

Edited to include: If he admitted that he should never have left or even said that he regrets doing so I would forgive him completely.

Now you are trying to put words in my mouth. I never said that Davie Weir only played for Scotland to get a move to another club. Only that he played for Scotland and benefitted financially from it by gaining a transfer which he might not otherwise have got. Then when he had made it at Everton he took the first opportunity to bail out.

I have already retracted my statement to which you are referring and would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any offence it has caused.

453112[/snapback]

He hardly took the first opportunity to bail out, that's harsh.

Fair doos for being big enough to retract your statement. :)

Is it not fair to say he was pish against the Faroes and deserved to be criticised?  So what was his problem?

454681[/snapback]

Yes, it was fair. who knows what his problem was? Perhaps there wer eother problems with Vogts behind the scenes? :unsure:

Yes, it was fair. who knows what his problem was? Perhaps there wer eother problems with Vogts behind the scenes?  :unsure:

454686[/snapback]

Exactly. there may have been other problems, maybe Vogts shagged his wife or something, so he refused to paly for Scotland under Vogts.

Maybe he was really upset because he performs as well on the park at international level as he does in bed while Berti was cutting his grass. Then again that's a contradiction because most women like it Really slow much like Weir does perform. Hmm but there's a problem with this theory. Women like men who hang about and who are loyal not ones who f**k off after the slightest criticism!

Maybe he was really upset because he performs as well on the park at international level as he does in bed while Berti was cutting his grass.  Then again that's a contradiction because most women like it Really slow much like Weir does perform.  Hmm but there's a problem with this theory.  Women like men who hang about and who are loyal not ones who f**k off after the slightest criticism!

455565[/snapback]

:blink:

Well I was happy at his performance in the San Siro. ;):blink:

You don't think any number of Scottish centre halfs could have done just as well with as many scots bodies literally strung across the middle of our half for almost 90 mins? Let's see how he does when we actually have to have a go at someone and he's not as well protected.

You don't think any number of Scottish centre halfs could have done just as well with as many scots bodies literally strung across the middle of our half for almost 90 mins?  Let's see how he does when we actually have to have a go at someone and he's not as well protected.

455954[/snapback]

No, I don't. No other Scottish centre halves are doing it week in week out at the top end of one of the top leagues in the world. That's good enough for me. :)

Are you honestly trying to tell me you'd have been as confident with Bombscare Wilkie at the back? Or the unproven Kennedy? Or Webster, who, while a promising youngster, has hardly set the heather on fire? Or Russell Anderson?!

These are the previous incumbents of the jersey, give me Weir every single time. :)

Webster no bother having seen him and Pressley combine to cause a very unusual blank sheet for an away team at Parkhead. As for Kennedy, if he comes back to full fitness and suffers no set backs you'll see what a quality centre half should play like. That boy is going to be miles better than Weir by far.

Webster no bother having seen him and Pressley combine to cause a very unusual blank sheet for an away team at Parkhead.  As for Kennedy, if he comes back to full fitness and suffers no set backs you'll see what a quality centre half should play like.  That boy is going to be miles better than Weir by far.

456177[/snapback]

I doubt it very much, but here's hoping.

Russell Anderson has done very well whenever called upon.

456767[/snapback]

He's been solid enough. He hasn't really played any games in which we've been particularly stretched at the back from memory though.

Anyway, surely whether or not people think Weir should be playing as a matter of principle, they can admit that he is a good player and better than what we have available? :unsure:

My only concerns with Weir are that he is slow, always has been, and I don't think he's ever been vocal enough for that position. Still if he keeps out the Belarussians when we're over there in June I'll consider not booing him :(

Archived