Booing Davie Weir

Will you boo Davie Weir?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Slating, sniping, having a dig call it what you want you know what you were up to and you were wrong.

665217[/snapback]

I was having a dig at anyone who would boo him. That is clear from my post. So it is you who is wrong.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd never boo David Weir, he clearly does a great job for the side and has helped in our revival.

If only Walter had managed to persuade Duncan Ferguson to come back to the international fold as well.

Don't try and bail yourself out.  Duffy was on holiday oblivious to the fact that he'd even been called up.  The SFA screwed up, he was asked to see Bonhoff upon his return and then and only then did the SFA realise THEIR mistake not Duffys.  So no it's not another example at all.  So once more, check your facts.  No reactionary replies here.

665163[/snapback]

Actually he was at the airport. Getting ready to go on holiday.

Actually he was at the airport. Getting ready to go on holiday.

Actually he was there and got contacted along the lines of "You're finished". Nothing like your mates for support eh?

Still unlike Weir at a time when he and the rest of the under 21 national side are taking pelters from the media he's remained as have the rest to their credit.

Weir in the other hand..... Bbbbbbbbbbbbbooooooooooooooooooo!

I'd never boo David Weir, he clearly does a great job for the side and has helped in our revival.

If only Walter had managed to persuade Duncan Ferguson to come back to the international fold as well.

665332[/snapback]

Ken. He would have been (and probably still would be) such a great player for us. He would have given us a target when we needed it and scored a few goals for us. Such a shame the way it worked out.

665332[/snapback]

Nah, you've kicked the arse right out of that Chris. Davie Weir I can just about accept although I can never forgive him for turning his back on his country. Duncan Ferguson however is a completely different kettle of fish. He has no interest in playing for Scotland, no passion for Scotland and as such, can f**k right off as far as I'm concerned. He may aswell be English. He's a fucking traitorous turncoat b*****d!

Besides, he's been tried at international level and FAILED. Seven games, zero goals!

Still, let's all have a w**k about his overhead kick off the bar against Germany <_<

Duncan Ferguson is the leading Scottish scorer ever in teh Premiership and will probably remain so for a long time to come, I think he could've done a job for the national side. I think he could've brought something to the national team. I can understand why you don't like him (understatement :lol: ) though, Tormod.

David Weir retired as he didn't like the manager or beign criticised publicly. Ferguson retired as he thought the national association didn't treat him fairly over a prison sentance. What is more forgivable than the other?

It's all conjecture though, as he'll be retiring at the end of the season.

Regardless of their "resons" for retiring, who suffered as a result? David Weir may have done it to get one over Berti but did Berti suffer? It could be argued that it may ultimately have indirectly led to a run of poor results which forced him to quit but his protest didn't really affect Berti too much. Similarly Ferguson supposedly took a stand against the SFA for the way they treated him (quite rightly in my opinion) but what impact did his non-participation have on the office bearers of the SFA? None!

The ones who suffered are the fans. The only ones who suffered and the ones who always suffer! Both of them through their rattles out of them pram for different but equally pathetic reasons and neither episode had any affect on the parties whom they felt wronged by.

They're a pair of selfish w**kers!

They're a pair of selfish w**kers!

667263[/snapback]

To be honest, I think Weir was probably someone who loved playing for Scotland. He was in many squads without getting a starting spot, even when IMO he was our one of our best defenders. The World Cup in 1998 was an example of that.

I never felt Ferguson gave a toss, even when he did get a cap. Never looked like he could be bothered.

Even worse than Ryan (50 caps in 50 years, I'll play if its local) Giggs.

To be honest, I think Weir was probably someone who loved playing for Scotland. He was in many squads without getting a starting spot, even when IMO he was our one of our best defenders. The World Cup in 1998 was an example of that.

I never felt Ferguson gave a toss, even when he did get a cap. Never looked like he could be bothered.

Even worse than Ryan (50 caps in 50 years, I'll play if its local) Giggs.

667297[/snapback]

If he loved it that much he wouldn't have packed it in because he didn't like his boss. i hate my job and my boss is a w**ker but I still turn up, albeit because I need the money.

If I loved my job, there's no way I'd let my boss put me off it. Paticularly when leaving my work would only punish myself and the customers and crucially not my boss. I realise it's a pish analogy but serves to explode your theory sufficiently B) :lol:

PS. What ever happened to David Marshall Allan? :lol:

Duncan Ferguson is the leading Scottish scorer ever in teh Premiership and will probably remain so for a long time to come.

667024[/snapback]

I overlooked that sentence earlier but remembered later to pick you up on it. I thought you of all people would have steered clear of the SkyTV "Football didn't exist before the Premiership," pish Chris.

Consider yourself told off Chris. :P

I overlooked that sentence earlier but remembered later to pick you up on it. I thought you of all people would have steered clear of the SkyTV "Football didn't exist before the Premiership," pish Chris.

Consider yourself told off Chris.  :P

668199[/snapback]

As a matter of interest why? :unsure: It's an entirely salient point.

I don't really care that Dalglish and Law et al scored more in the top English division twenty years and more ago. Fact is we're talking about the here and now and Ferguson, if he could have adapted his style to cope with international football and more importantly if we'd finally stopped just lumping the ball up long to him when he was in the side, COULD have been a tremendous asset to Scotland. He's all but finished now of course but he is the top scorer of goals in top level English football still actually playing. Who's even close? :unsure:

As a matter of interest why?  :unsure: It's an entirely salient point.

668214[/snapback]

That's fine to say he is the top Scottish scorer in English football still playing, or the top Scottish scorer int' Premiership in the last ten years. I realise where you are coming from but I suspect you know where I'm coming from and I know Chris knows where I'm coming from. Sky continually perpetuate this nonsense. They always talk of "Since the start of the Premiership." It's rediculous. The history of English football, paticularly league football, is rich and ought not to be discounted in this way. I realise that statistics will always be produced for the last ten years etc. and that is fine but IMO Sky would have you forget that football existed in England before the Premiership.

I don't really care that Dalglish and Law et al scored more in the top English division twenty years and more ago. Fact is we're talking about the here and now and Ferguson, if he could have adapted his style to cope with international football and more importantly if we'd finally stopped just lumping the ball up long to him when he was in the side, COULD have been a tremendous asset to Scotland. He's all but finished now of course but he is the top scorer of goals in top level English football still actually playing. Who's even close?

There's a lot of ifs and buts there but you forgot to add "if the lazy, traitorous, turncoat b*****d had shown the least bit of national pride and made himself available for international football instead off taking the huff like the spoilt brat that he is."

if the lazy, traitorous, turncoat b*****d had shown the least bit of national pride and made himself available for international football instead off taking the huff like the spoilt brat that he is

What you mean like Davie Weir, who's getting all sorts of credit yet if he'd been there through thick and thin who knows? Hmm, makes you wonder eh?

Consider yourself told off Chris.   :P

668199[/snapback]

Eh? :huh: I am aware that football existed before the Premiership but considering it's the league he's played in for the last ten years I think it's a worthwhile point.

Anyway, it's all a moot point - Duncan isn't coming back and in Kenny Miller we clearly have the best striker in Europe :)

Firstly - SPLWWW, you really should calm down. At no point did anyone say Duffy deserved to be booed. Everyone knows the circumstances of Duffy's situation so there is no need to cry about it. The fact is that people did slate him at the time and the point that was made was that nobody should boo him. Stop half reading posts and flying off the handle.

Secondly - Tormod, you're a real credit to our nation. In the week that France welcomes back 3 players (who decided they could do with the time off), with open arms you spit the dummy again regarding a player who has been one of, if not the major factor in the turnaround of our fortunes. Our defence has stopped haemorraghing goals and has now provided a solid foundation on which to build an attacking team.

If Shearer hits it off with Owen at Newcastle then he will be persuaded to play at the World Cup. Do you think our English counterparts will react in the same spiteful, shameful manner? I think not.

In fairness Thundermonkey, these players did not walk out on their country because their country had become shit. Or indeed because they had a childish spat with the manager.

I have never denied Davie Weir's talent and would not seek to belittle his part in our revival. However, I do regret that we needed a revival in the first place. Had the rattle been kept within the child chariot post faroe Islands by Mr. Weir we might never have plumbed the depths that we did.

As I have said I am quite willing to accept him back but can never forgive him for turning his back on his country in what was undoubtably their hour of need.

That's the way I feel about it. If you feel differently, then fair enough. Whether or not you consider me a credit to our nation is of little consequence to me.

Archived