Upcoming Film Releases

11thHour

Looks fucking hilarious, not sure about it's release though. The title says 2012 and the end of the trailer says 1st of June but I can't see an IMDb page for it...

I saw this in the Edinburgh International Film Festival, must have been two years ago, not sure what the delay is. It's a really formulaic stoner movie, but I thought it was very entertaining and quite a few people will love it.

Django Unchained Trailer

Looks good.

I'm surprised this doesn't already have a thread of its own. These days Tarantino is patchy to say the least but I think a western may bring out the best in him. Or it might be a mess with some great scenes. Looks like Leonardo DiCaprio is going to steal the show.

I'm surprised this doesn't already have a thread of its own. These days Tarantino is patchy to say the least but I think a western may bring out the best in him. Or it might be a mess with some great scenes. Looks like Leonardo DiCaprio is going to steal the show.

"These days", Inglorious Basterds was amazing! The only one I'd say could be considered a bit shit would be Planet Terror, 1 film doesn't make him patchy.

• 2 weeks later...

Denzel Washington's new film. Looks not bad. Denzels past few films havent been as good as they could have been I think and this could fall into the same trap but you just cant beat a bit of Denzel.<BR><BR>

Edited by 11thHour

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else thinking 2012 is shaping up to be one of the best years in a long time for cinema?

A whole bunch of great movies out already and some belters to come no doubt

Edit: Top ten movies I have seen in cinema so far this year are probably

1. Moonrise Kingdom

2. The Avengers

3. The Dark Knight Rises

4. The Cabin In The Woods

5. The Muppets

6. The Hunger Games

7. Battleship

8. American Reunion

9. The Artist

10. Amazing Spiderman

Edited by gordon the gopher

Actually just found it on my phone and holy fcuk :o if you get 5 mins then watch this trailer!!

I have no idea what to make of it, I haven't read the book or even know what its about but the film looks sensational

Edit - apparantly Halle Berrys storyline (or part of it) was filmed in Glasgow Bothwell St area?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxCQ0-d_xls

Edited by gordon the gopher

Is it just me or does JLG look different? Spent that whole trailer wondering if it was him or not.

Definitely looks like they've put prosthetics on him to look more like Bruce Willis.

• 2 weeks later...

The Master looks very good. I expect it to win an Oscar or two. I hate the look of Cloud Atlas but then I also hated the book.

The Great Gatsby has been pushed back to summer 2013, which is somewhat disappointing but probably a ploy to guarantee a place at the 2014 Oscars :rolleyes:

Here's the new trailer for Killing Them Softly:

Very good cast (it's great to see Ben Mendelsohn get a few more roles because I thought he was excellent in Animal Kingdom) and I have some hope for it.

One other release that I'm looking forward to - and hasn't been touched upon so far in this thread - is the Chinese film Flowers Of War. It was released last year in China but is getting a wider release in a few weeks. Christian Bale is in it and the film seems to be along the lines of Schindler's List but during the Nanking Massacre.

The Great Gatsby has been pushed back to summer 2013, which is somewhat disappointing but probably a ploy to guarantee a place at the 2014 Oscars :rolleyes:

Here's the new trailer for Killing Them Softly:

Very good cast (it's great to see Ben Mendelsohn get a few more roles because I thought he was excellent in Animal Kingdom) and I have some hope for it.

One other release that I'm looking forward to - and hasn't been touched upon so far in this thread - is the Chinese film Flowers Of War. It was released last year in China but is getting a wider release in a few weeks. Christian Bale is in it and the film seems to be along the lines of Schindler's List but during the Nanking Massacre.

Why wouldn't it get any in this year's set? huh.gif

That looks pretty good. The cast list on IMDb looks very small...But there's a good few names there that're great actors but pretty low down the totem pole(except for Pitt of course)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...