Portsmouth To Name New Boss

ICTChris

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pompey

Strachan will be given the job.

He did rule himself out ages ago, but that was to have a wee dig at Harry Red*app: "It's a great job, but it's unethical to walk out on Southampton and go straight to Pompey".

A great appointment, better than that eejit Zajec

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Staying up with Gordon and Joe, staying up with Gordon and Joe, staying up, staying up, staying up with Gordon and Joe

Guest Pompey

Aye, caretaker manager at the moment, but he will remain dirrrrrektor of votbool, as he calls it.

At least he's got rid of yon daft hat :rolleyes:

Pompey plump for Perrin

Mandaric plots new 'masterstroke'

Staff and agencies

Wednesday April 6, 2005

Portsmouth are expected to meet with former Marseille boss Alain Perrin later this afternoon in their bid to appoint a new manager until the end of the season.

Should he agree to take charge, the Frenchman is likely to be offered a seven-game contract until the end of the season, with former Tottenham and Luton manager David Pleat also targeted to work alongside him in a consultancy role.

The pair would then work under executive director Velimir Zajec, who has looked after team affairs since Harry Redknapp's departure earlier this season.

How many feckin' managers/coaches/directory of football do they need? Perrin, Pleat, Zajec, Jordan?

I was dead pleased for Portsmouth when they went up, for no other reason than they were a little unfashionable club that had the good fortune to be taken over by a millionaire and they were in playing with the big boys.

But, its become a bit of a shambles down there now, maybe some people at the club reckon they are one of the so called big boys now, i have no great love for Southampton after the Sturrock fiasco, but i sincerely hope they finish above the mighty Pompey, but what is it with south coast supporters that makes them think they belong amongst the elite ?? a couple of good seasons and they think they are it.

Cant be bothered with the pair of them :P

:lol::lol:

Yep, a particularly strange bit of business by the chairman :blink:

Perrin and Pleat hardly inspiring.

Championship here we come :ph34r:

458655[/snapback]

Your not another pompey scummer are you?

all i can say is :- :lol:

:lol:  :lol:

Your not another pompey scummer are you?

all i can say is :-  :lol:

459188[/snapback]

The Pompey are alright. Leave them alone. Alrite I may be over-reacting a bit here but I have had about 4 beers and a bottle a Jack 2 myself so what do you expect ;);) .

Guest Pompey

And it was Pompey FOUR, Charlton (going for Europe) TWO

Blackburn (Diddy team, heading down) THREE, Scum NIL

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Go to the predictor thing, i have Portsmouth relegated by 1 point on the last day hahahaha :D

(Crippler, reason Pompey are scum, is i was in Southampton for near 2 years. Its a friendly rivalry thing)

Guest Pompey

Aye, if (big if), both teams stay up this season, it'll be different next season - it's a heated rivalry, but it's not as bitter as some.

Don't listen to that scummer b*****d above me though ;):lol:

Archived