TNA General

The downside of those great crowds in how shite, dead and boring the usual Impact Zone crowds are in comparison.

With great crowds storylines and matches seem like they matter. At the Impact Zone the crowd being shite makes everything seem meaningless and irrelevant and dull.

Just watched Impact wrestling tonight. What is going to happen with Rockstar Spud? Is he going to be a manager/ freak show kind of guy? I have never seen a grown man as small as him in my life. He must have some midget dna in him.

I'm a big fan of Austin Aries - i'm surprised WWE haven't bought him. TNA is for men, WWE is for little boys. Especially with Cm Punk no longer at WWE. Aries could have feuds with Daniel Bryan. Now that's enough about WWE, i forgot were in a TNA thread.

I.m surprised there hasn't been more worldwide coverage of the former American soldier "Chris Melendez" who lost a leg during the war in Iraq. This is an inspirational story! He has been training to be a wrestler since 2012, 2 years later he is set to make his debut on next week's episode! really looking forward to this. Amazing guy!

Also looking forward to Dudley's, Hardy's and Wolves second match!

Aries applied to be on Tough Enough about 3 or 4 years ago and WWE rejected him. Never mind being a contestant on a crappy show; they should have signed him right away. When he won the TNA title he was the best 'Western' (i.e. everywhere except Japan) wrestler in the world. The guy is tremendous but is floundering a bit just now. He had great momentum when he won the X Division title again this year then cashed it in for a shot at the WHC title, but his loss to the abysmal Lashley has set him back and he's lost at the moment with no storyline focus.

I like Spud. He's amusing and plays his role perfectly. Plus he's a decent wrestler.

Don't give a shit about the soldier guy really. His story of rehabilitation is great and inspiring but the wanking over the fact he was a soldier really grates with me. I despise the deification of the military and it seems to be even worse in America.

Edited by DA Baracus

WWE don't want, or need, a single guy with the stink of TNA on them.

This was before his recent TNA run. And I think any company would be lucky to have A Double as when he's on his game he's one of the best in the world.

Plus he rocks a mean cape.

Aries applied to be on Tough Enough about 3 or 4 years ago and WWE rejected him. Never mind being a contestant on a crappy show; they should have signed him right away. When he won the TNA title he was the best 'Western' (i.e. everywhere except Japan) wrestler in the world.

Yes i remember when he tried Tough Enough, but that was 4 years ago. Everytime i watchTNA i always look forward to seeing A double. Not only is he the best wrestler on the planet - he is also brilliant on the mic. I rate him up there with "The Rock"

I've never had Aries as the very best. There was a time between 2004 and 2006 where I'd have had him quite close though.

Daniel Bryan has been the best in the west, and probably on the planet, for something like the last 10 years. And if he doesn't retire, he'll remain the best, and it'll take something pretty special to knock him off that perch.

Aries isn't the best, either in the ring or on the mic but he's comfortably good enough to go to WWE. But he wouldn't rise above midcard in WWE. I'd love for him to be, but he's probably about on the same level as a Ziggler and he's not getting pushed above midcard. (and Aries is probably far more troublesome backstage)