Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

At this stage it doesn't make sense, but I bet this time next week, post-RAW, it'll make more. There's plenty of ways they could make it believable and have the match take place as planned (because they kind of have to now unless they want to really make a lot of work for themselves).

I think the important thing is to not paint Taker as the heel who wants to do the authority's bidding, but the guy who has to do it or else. Have Taker come out and refuse the match, and as he's leaving, Vince threatens him with something. Maybe he says that if he doesn't wrestle, he's done in WWE, and that he will never be given a spot in the hall of fame. I know that seems like small fry, but in kayfabe terms, that's the ultimate honour surely? If he wrestles for the authority, then he carries on as normal, win or lose, no questions asked. You could then have the match play out as a professional deadman spending portions of the match reluctantly dominating. Destroying Shane before the inevitable comeback.

Because that's the thing - I can't really see Shane losing this one if it stays as is. It's such a huge angle, with such a big change to the product, that it would almost feel like a massive cop-out if Shane just loses. Whenever they announce matches like this, where there's a huge stipulation on one of the wrestlers, how often does it go against that stipulation? Genuine question, as I can't remember any. Ric Flair had to beat Shawn Michaels, and didn't. Shawn had to beat Taker and didn't. Authority had to win at Survivor Series to stay in power, and didn't.

Plenty still do, but WWE are stuck in the past in their thinking. Just look at how all their heels have to be cowardly ones. Why can't we have a dominant heel who doesn't run away but is just a nasty b*****d (I suppose Lesnar was supposed to be this, but again showing how behind times WWE are, he was never going to get the boos)? And look at how anyone who isn't from America is given the gimmick of not being from America.

Kevin Owens, Neville, Tyler Breeze, Chris Jericho, Paige...

Finn Balor put up a close-up photo of what looks like a Balor Club T-shirt, with just one word. Monday.

Maybe he just really likes Mondays, or maybe we're getting Balor Club on RAW? Seems unlikely, and if it was true, seems like a waste of a huge surprise.

How so?

Balor mentioning it first mainly. If they are going to debut, they should do so with no build-up first. Realised on reading my post back that it seemed like I said it was a waste putting it on RAW. Didn't mean that.

One thing on the Balor Club thing - the T-shirt references "Bulletproof". What price on Balor building up his club, then Nakamura leading the Bullet Club in NXT? Balor vs Bullet.

Personally I'd have them debut at Takeover Dallas, have them start out there. Not that it wouldn't be a big moment if they came to the main roster straight away, I just think they could make more of it, and get the chance to shine in NXT more.

Balor mentioning it first mainly. If they are going to debut, they should do so with no build-up first. Realised on reading my post back that it seemed like I said it was a waste putting it on RAW. Didn't mean that.

One thing on the Balor Club thing - the T-shirt references "Bulletproof". What price on Balor building up his club, then Nakamura leading the Bullet Club in NXT? Balor vs Bullet.

A lot of casual fans won't even know anything about the Bullet Club, so they really should air some vignettes before they debut. If not, they should start in front of an audience that will be filled with hardcore fans. I'm thinking post-Mania RAW or NXT Takeover in Dallas.

Finn Balor put up a close-up photo of what looks like a Balor Club T-shirt, with just one word. Monday.

Maybe he just really likes Mondays, or maybe we're getting Balor Club on RAW? Seems unlikely, and if it was true, seems like a waste of a huge surprise.

It was just the release of the t shirt