Smackdown Thread

15 hours ago, TheGoon said:

I don’t know how they fit everything into two hours here, and that was before Rock was even confirmed. Maybe shenanigans pushes the ladder match to Sunday.

You surely have to do something like that.  Have they ever before had a case where they've had a PPV essentially play 4th fiddle to their 3 weekly shows to the point where they've kind of forgotten about it?  Could go either way on Sunday - could get a wonderful show where the pressure's a bit off, or it could be an absolute car crash as they try and fill time.  The announced matches should be great I suppose, and everyone's probably just waiting to see Big Spooky Bray come out.

36 minutes ago, forameus said:

You surely have to do something like that.  Have they ever before had a case where they've had a PPV essentially play 4th fiddle to their 3 weekly shows to the point where they've kind of forgotten about it?  Could go either way on Sunday - could get a wonderful show where the pressure's a bit off, or it could be an absolute car crash as they try and fill time.  The announced matches should be great I suppose, and everyone's probably just waiting to see Big Spooky Bray come out.

The Saudi show’s even seemed like more of a priority this week. HIAC was always going to get lost in the shuffle a bit but never thought it’d be to this extent.

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

I've only been reading the events of the shows the past few weeks...are they heading for Daniel Bryan to be a face again for the new channel launch, or are they headed for a big pay off when Daniel "turns" again and kicks Romans c**t in?

Face Bryan (I think) - shades of it just now but I think he’ll be near enough fully turned on Friday.

Someone brought up something that made quite a lot of sense (and therefore won't happen).  Cain Velazquez has been making kissy faces at all manner of wrestling promotions recently, including, I believe, WWE.  After Brock decided to use Rey and Sons as throwing practice, who better to come in than another Mexican (it's Vince remember) to redress the balance?  Story writes itself. Brock likes to go about WWE kicking f**k out of everybody, but here's someone who beat him, legitimately, in a sport Fox was once very fond of.  Then Cain gets a main event feud straight off the bat.

Of course, none of that will happen.  Brock will probably just win.  I'd like to see shenanigans though.  Have Kofi compete, do the smaller man stuff that they built quite well last year with Brock.  Back and forth match, with a hefty dose of Brock dominating, but have Kofi fight back, then just as Brock looks like he's got him, shenanigans.  Kofi escapes, Brock goes mental and suplexes the ring or something.