The Walking Dead - Episode 1

Ric

Theres a sale tomorrow for them :lol:

Happened to me last year, I bought the Gears of War 3 season pass and it was reduced by 33% in the sale a few days later.

I downloaded the first episode and it was ok but its just an interactive comic rather than a real game. It was also pretty short and only took an hour or two to complete. If the episodes are reduced to 200 points then I might get the other 4 but 400 points per episode is a bit steep.

Really enjoying the free chapter on XBL. I came to this game knowing nothing of The Walking Dead and having never played a Telltale adventure game. Will definately get the other chapters when they go on sale tomorrow. The only negative is that I know that some very bad things are almost certainly going to happen to Lee and his pals in the game. :(

Are any of the other Telltale games as good as this one?

Really enjoying the free chapter on XBL. I came to this game knowing nothing of The Walking Dead and having never played a Telltale adventure game. Will definately get the other chapters when they go on sale tomorrow. The only negative is that I know that some very bad things are almost certainly going to happen to Lee and his pals in the game. :(

Are any of the other Telltale games as good as this one?

Sam and Max was ok, they also did Back to the Future and Jurassic Park but not played either yet

Completed it tonight after buying the final chapter in the sale yesterday.

Incredible and gripping stuff. I've not played many games that get you just as emotionally involved as this, a lot of my decisions left me feeling genuinely guilty, angry and upset afterwards which really shouldn't happen from a computer game :lol:

Considering the price it cost altogether, this game offers outstanding value for money and even more so considering you could get the lot for under £7 yesterday. Even if you're not too captivated by the first episode, stick with it as you won't regret it!

About the storyline...

I'm really surprised that I was in the minority of people to drop Ben to his death in the bell tower. For anyone who saved him, did he end up dying anyway?

Also surprised that the majority didn't also kill Clem's captor. Anyone on here not kill him? What happens?

Anyone hide the bite from the group? How does it alter the story?

Completed it tonight after buying the final chapter in the sale yesterday.

Incredible and gripping stuff. I've not played many games that get you just as emotionally involved as this, a lot of my decisions left me feeling genuinely guilty, angry and upset afterwards which really shouldn't happen from a computer game :lol:

Considering the price it cost altogether, this game offers outstanding value for money and even more so considering you could get the lot for under £7 yesterday. Even if you're not too captivated by the first episode, stick with it as you won't regret it!

About the storyline...

I'm really surprised that I was in the minority of people to drop Ben to his death in the bell tower. For anyone who saved him, did he end up dying anyway?

Also surprised that the majority didn't also kill Clem's captor. Anyone on here not kill him? What happens?

Anyone hide the bite from the group? How does it alter the story?

your decisions dont actually make much of a difference although it does a great job of making you think it does, everyone who dies dies anyway just in a different order. I chose to save Ben because he was just a stupid kid plus I thought it would affect how your relationship with clementine ended. It didn't.

your decisions dont actually make much of a difference although it does a great job of making you think it does, everyone who dies dies anyway just in a different order. I chose to save Ben because he was just a stupid kid plus I thought it would affect how your relationship with clementine ended. It didn't.

Aye, I've just gone and read through all the different scenarios online and it's disappointing that the story doesn't really vary all that much. At least I didn't find out the hard way by playing through the whole game again and doing the opposite each time.

Edited by cityfan

Completed the last episode tonight. Would agree with the comments from cityfan there are few games where the story really sucks you in. Bioshock is about the only other one on the Xbox I can think of. It really makes you think about the decisions you make and what impact they will have.

Liked the reference to Monkey Island on one of the achievements. It's a pity you can't get the tales of Monkey Island episodes for Xbox live.

Edited by Jack Burton

• 6 months later...

What what ive read its the bridging gap between "series 1" and "series 2" of the games but seems to be getting well received so far

The have the foundation of potentially a better sequel, lessons would of been learned from the first games including the stats on how every one made their choices. Loved how there was no right answer for the choices and was basically a case of "who do you want to die"

• 1 year later...

So episode 1 is done and out of the way and I reckon I must be about half way through episode 2 now.

Bumped into a couple of dudes who have a dairy farm, don't really trust them but Im outta food so going along anyway and have the whole group there. Started getting shot at by some bandits and a new guy to my troop Mark took an arrow for the team but should be ok. Larry is doing my absolute tits in, grumpy old fcuker, hopefully Lee gets to hate bang his daughter Lilly. Although Im still holding out for Carley but Im not sure she is that interested to be honest.

Really starting to like Kenny and I'm backing him in most stuff. At the end of the day he was my first buddy on the road so got some loyalty there.

Just about to go and investigate the bandits camp but I just dont trust the two farm bozos that Im with. If I get a chance to take this farm then Im going for it

So episode 1 is done and out of the way and I reckon I must be about half way through episode 2 now.

Bumped into a couple of dudes who have a dairy farm, don't really trust them but Im outta food so going along anyway and have the whole group there. Started getting shot at by some bandits and a new guy to my troop Mark took an arrow for the team but should be ok. Larry is doing my absolute tits in, grumpy old fcuker, hopefully Lee gets to hate bang his daughter Lilly. Although Im still holding out for Carley but Im not sure she is that interested to be honest.

Really starting to like Kenny and I'm backing him in most stuff. At the end of the day he was my first buddy on the road so got some loyalty there.

Just about to go and investigate the bandits camp but I just dont trust the two farm bozos that Im with. If I get a chance to take this farm then Im going for it

:lol: I mind that bit with the two guys from the farm. I was thinking at the time 'this seems really, pretty shady' and really didn't fancy going at all.

This was a great episode.

Yeah they just seem well dodgy. I haven't played anymore since the update above but wouldn't be surprised to see them shaft me (ooo,err)!

Their maw seems nice enough though, apparantly cooking us all dinner which my group will appreciate. Maybe not Duck though as I gave him the daiylea dunkers earlier

Edited by DavidMcG