Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Alright lads, I recorded a podcast last night with Gregor Buchanan - CLICK.

He talks about his career so far, from the juniors to signing for Dunfermline Athletic. He also talks a bit about his time at Airdrie so there's something in there for everyone.

Good interview, terrible tune.

What's this I keep seeing about the fans being somehow to blame? This group of players and management would have been unceremoniously lynched in days gone by - if they had any self respect they'd just hand in their notice and f@ck off. I think our fans have been spectacularly patient and supportive of the current mob of charlatans.

There is a positive though - we are bloody awful yet we're on the fringes of the promotion race. We don't need a miracle worker to take over.

*****Warning, the following post is not to be taken seriously*****

The third game of our unbeaten run that won us the league was a 1-1 draw with bottom of the league Stirling, not that means anything, but if we are to do something this season we'd need a similar run.

The 2011 run

DWDWDDWWWWWW

Matched those first 3, And if we were to match the rest (lol) we'll finish on 58 points assuming that was enough for the playoffs(may not be) we'd win both legs of the first tie, and if we got the same results as the first 2 games of the spl season we'll go up.

Edited by parsforlife

Not sure he was out of his depth, just a bit naive at the quality of the SPL.

Proving now he has something. Every year he improved our side in the SFL and you would come to EEP and witness some great football. I really liked that era as good as the Paton era IMO.

Think he's learned a bit from his time in season 11-12. That was the season before the shit hit the fan so no surprise that we were relegated. He was naive with his squad and we were unbelievably shite compared to the previous seasons we played proper liquid football under him.

Think he's learned a bit from his time in season 11-12. That was the season before the shit hit the fan so no surprise that we were relegated. He was naive with his squad and we were unbelievably shite compared to the previous seasons we played proper liquid football under him.

To be fair, you're playing some pretty liquid football this season as well. Pish is a liquid.

To be fair, you're playing some pretty liquid football this season as well. Pish is a liquid.

Was a wee nod to Alan Partridge but, yes, you are correct. We're even below you now.

He was also massively out of his depth. I really don't think keeping him would have helped matters. Would obviously have done better than Potter/JJ this season but most people wanted him punted back in 2012.

He wasn't massively out of his depth, he made horrendous mistakes the previous summer but the sacking of him for Jefferies was utterly pointless.