Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Away kit is taking a lot of stick, I'm liking it. Had the last purple top as well, was a cracker.

Good win for the boys the day, happy that Cardle and Caldwell played. Reckon Hutton could actually be a half decent signing.

Away kit is taking a lot of stick, I'm liking it. Had the last purple top as well, was a cracker.

Good win for the boys the day, happy that Cardle and Caldwell played. Reckon Hutton could actually be a half decent signing.

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

Go home mate, you've clearly been out drinking for too long.

Is Hutton that bad? Can't say I've ever noticed him playing against us, only thing I can remember is him trying smash the ball of Buchanan last year...

I made between 5-10 games last season, and at they games alone I could count at least 10-12 goals that he was at fault for. Never mind the games I wasn't at.

He is a decent shot stopper, but he cant command his box and wont come off his line and flaps at the ball from crosses.

Without having been at today's game my thoughts on the trialists are

Cardle-sombody tell me he signed a contract at full time, please? Top quality signing for this level.

Caldwell- would be decent addition

Ferris- no idea who he is tbh.

Hutton- No, please no, there's much better out there, inc but not restricted to inanimate objects.

Hutton has to be one of the worst keepers I have ever seen in an Ayr United shirt. Absolute bombscare , anything hit in the general direction of the nets usually goes in. Good luck with that signing if it comes off.

Edited by Buckfast

Hutton was our keeper when AJ first arrived at us as a player. They had a season in the same team so he will know him well. Hutts generally did pretty well for us although history remembers him mainly for the horrendous error that cost us the Challenge Cup Final that season. Never the less we were disappointed to lose him when he left which was down to finances at the time. He was however replaced by a better keeper in Lee Robinson. Meantime its all gone a bit pear shaped for Hutton since then. Hopefully he can recover his form from days with us or Clyde.

AJ post EF win. WTF is going on off camera? A sword fight?

Apologies for the poor sound quality - the volunteers were sweeping the stand as we interviewed lol. We did then try an alternative method by using an external microphone with Michael Moffat's interview. I think it made a great deal of difference and feel we should go down this route from now on. Feedback welcome.

Edited by dafcburty

Ominous looking Pars team. Sign Cardle and Caldwell and you should be strolling the league.

Hutton is the obvious question mark but I find it intruiging that Johnston, who played with him at a higher level than this, clearly rates him.

Hutton would be far from the first player to leave the car crash of the Roberts era behind him and turn up elsewhere looking a different player.

Rates a big risk though.

Ominous looking Pars team. Sign Cardle and Caldwell and you should be strolling the league.

Hutton is the obvious question mark but I find it intruiging that Johnston, who played with him at a higher level than this, clearly rates him.

Hutton would be far from the first player to leave the car crash of the Roberts era behind him and turn up elsewhere looking a different player.

Rates a big risk though.

Everyone said that last season and look what happened. Now that we have a proper manager in charge, however, I'm a bit more optimistic. Cardle and Caldwell would be absolutely fantastic signings if it were to be pulled off.

I would be quite disappointed if Hutton is the best we can get for in goals. He really is terrible. Most goals we scored against Ayr last season he should have kept out. Made an almighty howler by kicking the ball off one of our players to then tap in to the net if I remember correctly.

Apologies for the poor sound quality - the volunteers were sweeping the stand as we interviewed lol. We did then try an alternative method by using an external microphone with Michael Moffat's interview. I think it made a great deal of difference and feel we should go down this route from now on. Feedback welcome.

No need to apologise - can still hear it just fine. AJ's eyes lit up at the mention of aggression. He comes across as very confident and assured.

I may be wrong but I can't think of many goals that were Huttons fault against us. He was pretty competent at Clyde and Queens, can't remember him at Accies.

Just need to wait and see I suppose.

He was awful for us last season.

His time at Accies he was in nets against us last time we were in first. We went in at half time 2-0 down and won 3-2 in the end. Hutton wasn't too hot that day.

Will not be a good signing for anyone in this league.