Walking Down The Halbeath Road

The starting 11 v East Fife and Partick looks like the strongest/trusted 11. Cardle doesn't need to prove anything at this level and I'd he doesn't sign, Hoppy seems like a very decent alternative.

A couple of interviews with The Moff have now mentioned 442, wingers, a recognisable formation - good to see AJ has just wiped the slate in terms of last season.

Starting to revise my predictions upwards from us troubling the relegation slots.

Be serious. "revised upwards"?

Pars are clear favourites to win this league. Anybody not admitting that is being far too cautious.

Only full time club with some decent recent signings. No matter what odds the bookies are giving, I think you are certainties. Odds from bookies quoted earlier is stealing money.

Go easy on us. Ta.

We 'should' have walked it last year but I was worried we'd rewarded failure and heaped too much praise on JJ and the team you guys totally hammered.

We still had so much of that squad signed up for this season that I was worried about more of the same but purely going on wee press snippets etc and the type of boys AJ is signing (hoodlums) Johnston seems to know what he's doing.

We 'should' have walked it last year but I was worried we'd rewarded failure and heaped too much praise on JJ and the team you guys totally hammered.

We still had so much of that squad signed up for this season that I was worried about more of the same but purely going on wee press snippets etc and the type of boys AJ is signing (hoodlums) Johnston seems to know what he's doing.

We definitely prolonged the feel good happy clappy phase for a season too long and it ended up costing us a fortune.

The young guys stepped in a did a job in difficult circumstances and were asked to do too much too soon. They needed more help and guidance on the pitch. It was a difficult situation, nobody forced us to continue with mostly young players and buying more and more of them. Ultimately Potter and JJ were total failures in that they couldn't fix what everyone else could see. We were too soft, too naive, too disorganised and too easy to beat.

On paper in terms of finances we should definitely be able to sustain a full time bottom six championship quality side even in this league. Saying we can't compete with Alloa or Dumbarton is a lot of pish. We get four or fives times more income.

AJ seems to be fixing lots of things that some posters denied was an issue last season. Strength, power, speed, fitness and quality of squad.

Would love to see us dominate another team and we should be doing this against part time sides every week, otherwise what's the point? Last season it was the other way around most weeks. Utterly ridiculous and a complete waste of resources.

Next season will be a massive change. It might not happen straight away but IMO we will win the league.

I think the issue is that, even if the pars pay their top player(s) £500 per week, thats only a salary of £20000 over a 40 week contract. I think I'm right in saying most clubs only pay players for 40 weeks?

Anyway, for a full time salary, that isn't a huge amount. Compare that to a part time player earning £200 per week but also having a full time job that pays £20k plus.

My point is, unless you have a hungry young player that thinks he might have an excellent future in the game, it's maybe not worth the full time gig. I actually think the pars could benefit by going part time or even partly part time. Although that could very well end up in paying part time players the same wages they'd be getting if on a full time contract.

If that was the case then why on earth aren't more teams part time?

It's a w**k suggestion that funnily enough only part time teams think is a great idea, I'd imagine in some bizarre hope that it helps level the playing field for them.

If that was the case then why on earth aren't more teams part time?

It's a w**k suggestion that funnily enough only part time teams think is a great idea, I'd imagine in some bizarre hope that it helps level the playing field for them.

Wrong. It's a stubborness that exists within football in this country IMO.

To be fair, a large amount of players in the lower leagues barely have two braincells to rub together to demand a salary outwith football of anywhere near £20k. Playing for the glorious pars is probably their only option.

I wouldn't have been against the idea of one or two part time players who know the game really well and probably just need one or two sessions a week.

Someone like Swankie or Rab Douglas, do they really need to train full time at their stage of career? Its more in their head than a fitness thing.

As mentioned we should be able to outbid some championship teams on a few players and use the lure of full time as an incentive to maybe get coaching badges or experience?

There's no way we should look disorganised or less fit than part time sides next season, no excuse for that.

There's a reason not a single club that can afford to be full time chooses part-time football.

Individuals may choose pt over full time but the more often making your living kicking a ball around for a few hours a week is pretty appealing, it's not all about the bottom line. Why choose a 50 hour week rushing about when you can get by only working 15?

There's a reason not a single club that can afford to be full time chooses part-time football.

Individuals may choose pt over full time but the more often making your living kicking a ball around for a few hours a week is pretty appealing, it's not all about the bottom line. Why choose a 50 hour week rushing about when you can get by only working 15?

Yup. I'd much rather be a full time footballer on my current wage than do my current job at double the salary.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm delighted that we're doing so well this season. You'd think everyone would really want to stay away after the disaster from last season! Great that the fans will be out in force to support our charge for promotion.

Also.

Astounding Response From The Pars Family & Friends For @JojoCardle He's Been Blown Away & Would Love To Return. Here's Hoping!!! Thank You!!