Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Chances of the game getting postponed now?...

Unlikely, as the undersoil heating will be on if needed (only game that we will turn it on for, unless we get a decent team in later round of cup).

Doesn't allow for police or Bobby Madden decisions though...

An excellent move from the club and was very proud seeing it all announced last night. Hopefully it will lead to a bumper crowd against Cowden at New Year as well.

Lot of respect for Cowden for helping us organise this as well. Classy gesture.

I used to frequent the East Port Bar when it was run by Norrie and and a nicer guy you couldn't meet. He had time for everyone. This is a fitting tribute to him.

I used to frequent the East Port Bar when it was run by Norrie and and a nicer guy you couldn't meet. He had time for everyone. This is a fitting tribute to him.

Went into the East Port a few times when Norrie and John Watson ran the place also the other place they had along from the Alhambra (Nicos?).

Went into the East Port a few times when Norrie and John Watson ran the place also the other place they had along from the Alhambra (Nicos?).

Pretty sure it was called Nicos. Cagneys seems familiar as well but my memories terrible.

Edited by parslad

Sure it was Nicos downstairs and Darceys upstairs or the other way around. It used to be a cellar bar called Blazers before Norrie and John took over. It was handy for the last train home, quick dash down the New Row.

Think its an estate agents or some sort of office now.

Edited by cowdenbeath

Have been asked to do a feature on DAFC in a UK/Europe wide magazine, but cannot proceed without pictures of East End Park.

Can anyone help out with high res pictures of the ground? Full credit will be given.

This magazine looks suberb by the way, lovely piece on league 1's big team :thumsup2

Three clean sheets is pretty impressive but do Dunfermline fans think he's done enough to merit the award? Has he saved the team at vital moments?

I've appeared on the awards panel a couple of times and outwith the Premiership and Rangers, they don't have a clue (that's not to denigrate Murdoch's achievements, but you know what I mean).

It's nice and I do think he has been decent, but I don't know particularly anything he has done to stand out(not that he has needed to)

To be honest I suspect it's a slightly lazy award, simply looking at our clean sheet record and assuming our keeper has been fantastic.

It's nice and I do think he has been decent, but I don't know particularly anything he has done to stand out(not that he has needed to)

To be honest I suspect it's a slightly lazy award, simply looking at our clean sheet record and assuming our keeper has been fantastic.

Lazy's probably the best word to describe the process. There's generally a bit of debate about the Premiership and maybe the Championship but as soon as you drop into League 1 and 2, they just go for the easiest option because they don't know any better.

I remember going onto the panel a year ago and arguing that Stevie Aitken should have been given the Manager of the Month award after a good series of results. Instead, it went to Jim Duffy at Morton, who had beaten a bunch of jobbers. "Duffy's done everything asked from him," said someone, despite Aitken putting together a relatively better performance.

I was delighted when Morton got bodied by Spartans in the Scottish Cup that weekend.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

Three clean sheets is pretty impressive but do Dunfermline fans think he's done enough to merit the award? Has he saved the team at vital moments?

I've appeared on the awards panel a couple of times and outwith the Premiership and Rangers, they don't have a clue (that's not to denigrate Murdoch's achievements, but you know what I mean).

Can't remember him making too many saves at all, weird choice.

I think we've let in one goal in the last six league games. Murdoch saves more than his fair share of 1v1s. He's an imposing figure and pretty fearless and chucking himself at strikers' feet. It's not as if we don't give other teams chances and he has nothing to do either.

I don't think he's necessarily been outstanding in any one game. Although his save from Templeman in the Forfar game was relatively vital.

That's not to knock his achievement, he's played a part in the best defence in the league and he's a pretty vital part of that. Like you've said though it sounds like a lazy choice.