Walking Down The Halbeath Road

not good enough to generate a fee, but probably steady enough, injury was his downfall with us and never kicked on.

Don’t think it was anything substantial just a token gesture to force their hand seeing as Stranraer are currently in the mire a bit.

Being steady for a club like Dunfermline is good to hear, look forward to seeing him hopefully he can put away some of the chances we’re creating.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

No one gives a f**k about the score m8. 

Card predictions and fights is where it's at. Pars to win 3-1 on red cards, Falkirk to win the fighting on the pitch and in the stands with MOTM performances from Aaron Muirhead and @Senor Bairn respectively. 

Muirhead, McGhee and Tommy T absolutely bodying c***s for 90 minutes solid.

No one gives a f**k about the score m8. 
Card predictions and fights is where it's at. Pars to win 3-1 on red cards, Falkirk to win the fighting on the pitch and in the stands with MOTM performances from Aaron Muirhead and [mention=47169]Senor Bairn[/mention] respectively. 

My training is done, I’m ready for Shandon.

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not many Stranraer fans on here so just wondering what you guys thought of Ryan Wallace, we’ve bought him.

Seems a weird one for you, never had a great scoring record with you but he was there a whole 4 year?

Kind of player is he?

I really liked Wallace when he was with us tbh. 

When we first signed him under Jim Jefferies, he signed a 2 year contract and was OK in the first season; he scored a couple of goals early on in his time with us but then they dried up a bit. He did manage 12 in 37 games which wasn't bad for his first real year as a FT pro, in a side who suffered administration and were relegated. The one thing I do remember though is in the game pre-play-offs when we could have stayed up if we defeated Airdrieonians, he missed 3 or 4 guilt edge chances which ultimately contributed in our defeat and subsequent play-off failure. 

The following season, he got 13 in 34 which again was decent enough. He was our main striker back then if I remember correctly with guys like Lawrence Shankland, Robert Thomson and Craig Dargo all supporting him. That was around the time Wallace's injury issues arose; he played the majority of games up until February and then he only managed one match in March, one at the end of April before missing the playoffs. 

Despite these troubles, JJ gave RW another 2-year extension to his contract; he only scored 1 goal in 5 matches for us that term, after suffering what I believe was osteitis pubus which is basically an injury that can happen to any athlete at any time and the only cure is rest. Wallace must've regained fitness 4 or 5 times during the season but every ocassion would breakdown in training or during a match or soon after a match. 

Thankfully, he recovered after around 15 months and was able to take part in our League One title winning campaign although he was mainly used as a substitute. 10 goals doesn't seem that much, especially from 41 appearances, but he was certainly a good team player and a very handy player to have in your squad. 

He isn't a natural goalscorer, IMO. He is a very creative player who can play in the #10 role or out wide too but is much more suitable to playing up front with a partner. With the players already at Gayfield, he should really add a lot of competition for places and a wee bit of quality too. He can hit a good free-kick and is known for the odd spectacular goal. For me, if I was a Red Lichtie, I'd be really happy with this addition to the squad. 38 goals in 116 matches isn't an awful record - especially considering all his injuries and the amount of sub appearances he made in his last season. If Dick Campbell can keep him fit, he will be a very astute signing I would imagine. 

I really liked Wallace when he was with us tbh. 
When we first signed him under Jim Jefferies, he signed a 2 year contract and was OK in the first season; he scored a couple of goals early on in his time with us but then they dried up a bit. He did manage 12 in 37 games which wasn't bad for his first real year as a FT pro, in a side who suffered administration and were relegated. The one thing I do remember though is in the game pre-play-offs when we could have stayed up if we defeated Airdrieonians, he missed 3 or 4 guilt edge chances which ultimately contributed in our defeat and subsequent play-off failure. 
The following season, he got 13 in 34 which again was decent enough. He was our main striker back then if I remember correctly with guys like Lawrence Shankland, Robert Thomson and Craig Dargo all supporting him. That was around the time Wallace's injury issues arose; he played the majority of games up until February and then he only managed one match in March, one at the end of April before missing the playoffs. 
Despite these troubles, JJ gave RW another 2-year extension to his contract; he only scored 1 goal in 5 matches for us that term, after suffering what I believe was osteitis pubus which is basically an injury that can happen to any athlete at any time and the only cure is rest. Wallace must've regained fitness 4 or 5 times during the season but every ocassion would breakdown in training or during a match or soon after a match. 
Thankfully, he recovered after around 15 months and was able to take part in our League One title winning campaign although he was mainly used as a substitute. 10 goals doesn't seem that much, especially from 41 appearances, but he was certainly a good team player and a very handy player to have in your squad. 
He isn't a natural goalscorer, IMO. He is a very creative player who can play in the #10 role or out wide too but is much more suitable to playing up front with a partner. With the players already at Gayfield, he should really add a lot of competition for places and a wee bit of quality too. He can hit a good free-kick and is known for the odd spectacular goal. For me, if I was a Red Lichtie, I'd be really happy with this addition to the squad. 38 goals in 116 matches isn't an awful record - especially considering all his injuries and the amount of sub appearances he made in his last season. If Dick Campbell can keep him fit, he will be a very astute signing I would imagine. 

Cheers man. [emoji1360]

38 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

According to Wiki he played second fiddle to David flap Hutton, can only imagine he would be coming on so Gil could get decent experience somewhere before becoming our 1st Choice next year

Don’t think it was anything substantial just a token gesture to force their hand seeing as Stranraer are currently in the mire a bit.

Being steady for a club like Dunfermline is good to hear, look forward to seeing him hopefully he can put away some of the chances we’re creating.

Pick any of hour highlights from the start of the 2015/16 season, Wallace scored a few from the bench IIRC. The very first game of that season was away to Arbroath in the League Cup, I’m sure he scored the fourth and it was a quality strike.

His movement is very impressive at times, but his decision making can be poor and that can make him a frustrating player. Keep him fit and that’s a good signing for League One.

You're apparently after James Vincent (HAHAHAH) and Kosta Gadzhalov (Cult hero, cracking CH and all round good guy). Think Gadz would be a loan. I can only hope Vincent is permanent.

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

You're apparently after James Vincent (HAHAHAH) and Kosta Gadzhalov (Cult hero, cracking CH and all round good guy). Think Gadz would be a loan. I can only hope Vincent is permanent.

Could see Vincent but doubt we are looking at Gadzhalov we have plenty CH to choose from. What is Vincents weaknesses in his game? has by any chance Lewis Spence been keeping him out hte team?

7 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Could see Vincent but doubt we are looking at Gadzhalov we have plenty CH to choose from. What is Vincents weaknesses in his game? has by any chance Lewis Spence been keeping him out hte team?

Vincent is an utter shitebag who hides regularly. Dives out of 50/50s and generally just meh. 

He's like a below average Kevin McBride. 

Spence is considerably better. 

Vincent is an utter shitebag who hides regularly. Dives out of 50/50s and generally just meh. 
He's like a below average Kevin McBride. 
Spence is considerably better. 

Haha hope we steer well clear as Shields is often found hiding a little in game so we don’t need anyone like that. I think Spence really needed to leave us as he was comfy and never really pushed himself, McCann gave his career a life line and I’m glad to hear he has taken it

30 minutes ago, P475 said:

We just need to find our pre jojo's injury form again, and it's looking like we are going in the right direction to get there. 

Thought he looked very dangerous on Saturday. His wee flick on Talbot's cross was sublime (saw it described as scrappy!) for the second goal.