Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

I bet the club disagree. We will definitely lose money from this.

Think this is overstated at points personally. 

All the money from all the TV games goes into the pot, which means we're benefiting from the Premier League games getting televised, you'd also hope that the club will sell advertising revenue at the stadium, adding on a premium that we'll have two games on TV that season. 

I also beleive it's a good thing to have Championship games on the TV in general, floating fans who haven't been to EEP and maybe won't be willing to spend £20+ to go find out if it's any good will hopefully tune in, see it's a good performance & atmosphere and might fire along in the future. 

For years there was complaints by fans that the Scottish Championship was not given nearly enough recognition in the national press, I'm glad to have the games on TV. 

2 hours ago, AuldReekie said:

I think form rather than TV likely to be the biggest factor on crowd. If we can hit a run of form, I'm all in on a Friday night Falkirk game, mid holiday season. If both teams playing well, this is 8000+ which would be fantastic for the Championship and great for TV.  If we're looking grim, it's an easy out to watch on TV. Too easy to blame TV - if we want bigger crowds, play better.

Yurp, if we're doing well in the league it'll be a big home crowd fueled by optimism, if we're not it won't.