Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Agree entirely with this. Saying Young is currently better than a fully fit Bene is just bias that fans tend to have for players who have come through their own youth setup. 

It’s nothing against Young either; he looks the part and I’ve been impressed by how composed and mature he’s seemed.

Not even being wide / a genuine question, how many Pars fans do you guys reckon will make the trip through next week? I’d assume in current form you won’t fill the stand, but attendance listed today as 4,600 (I know accuracy can be off with season ticket holders etc) but that’s still pretty remarkable given the start to the season. 

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Not even being wide / a genuine question, how many Pars fans do you guys reckon will make the trip through next week? I’d assume in current form you won’t fill the stand, but attendance listed today as 4,600 (I know accuracy can be off with season ticket holders etc) but that’s still pretty remarkable given the start to the season. 

As said on other thread, there was definitely under 4500 in EEP this afternoon.

I would guess about 1000-1500 next week? Thankfully, I have other plans and won’t be heading through.

According to some fans, Benedictus is 'finished' and is, at the massively old age of 32, ancient.

Anyway, that's the first quarter done. We achieved a massive 6 points, 22% of those on offer. We scored just 5 goals, failing to score in 4 of the 9 games. We only scored more than one goal one time.

We go on and on about stats, but everyone knows McPake simply has to go. It's best for everyone. If he goes now he can claim that he was hamstrung by the board and could end up the next Airdrie or Inverness manager, maybe even get a shot at Hamilton.

We can't afford to wait for new owners before he's punted. It will be too late by then.

39 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Max of 1250 I reckon. 

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

According to some fans, Benedictus is 'finished' and is, at the massively old age of 32, ancient.

Anyway, that's the first quarter done. We achieved a massive 6 points, 22% of those on offer. We scored just 5 goals, failing to score in 4 of the 9 games. We only scored more than one goal one time.

We go on and on about stats, but everyone knows McPake simply has to go. It's best for everyone. If he goes now he can claim that he was hamstrung by the board and could end up the next Airdrie or Inverness manager, maybe even get a shot at Hamilton.

We can't afford to wait for new owners before he's punted. It will be too late by then.

For me I take the League in blocks, the obvious one is quarters like you've done there which in itself is unacceptable. However I now wouldn't sack McPake, having 2 points from Airdrie, QP and Morton should be the end of him, however we now have Falkirk, Livi and Partick up next. That's a tough gig for a new manager to come into, we're going to get a maximum of 1 points from those three games and you'd imagine that surely, he'll be gone. 

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

For me I take the League in blocks, the obvious one is quarters like you've done there which in itself is unacceptable. However I now wouldn't sack McPake, having 2 points from Airdrie, QP and Morton should be the end of him, however we now have Falkirk, Livi and Partick up next. That's a tough gig for a new manager to come into, we're going to get a maximum of 1 points from those three games and you'd imagine that surely, he'll be gone

I see what you mean, but a new manager would get leeway McPake won't.

Post-match from McPake is almost terrifying tbh.

Talking about what a good performance it was, all the chances we had (?) and - most confusingly of all - that the ref “got caught up in the atmosphere” (?!)

So concerning that our manager is happy with that level of performance.

Edit - It’s also bizarre that no journalist has once asked him if he feels under pressure etc? One win in 14 but everything’s fine, no worries.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

18 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Post-match from McPake is almost terrifying tbh.

Talking about what a good performance it was, all the chances we had (?) and - most confusingly of all - that the ref “got caught up in the atmosphere” (?!)

So concerning that our manager is happy with that level of performance.

Edit - It’s also bizarre that no journalist has once asked him if he feels under pressure etc? One win in 14 but everything’s fine, no worries.

He mentioned the atmosphere a lot, saying how good it was and it was clear the fans appreciated the performance etc... it was like a library most of the game. You could hear the wind whipping through the stand and traffic go by on Halbeath Road.

4 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I won't be going. Toothless keech will see to an easy win for you lot.

4600 today hahaha. Half that. The season ticket holders have found better things to do on their Saturday afternoon that watch McPake ball.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

He mentioned the atmosphere a lot, saying how good it was and it was clear the fans appreciated the performance etc... it was like a library most of the game. You could hear the wind whipping through the stand and traffic go by on Halbeath Road.

100%.

I was even going to say well done to the dozen young Morton fans at the back of the stand, as they were the only ones who made a peep all day.

The club, and quite a lot of fans, obviously don't want to admit that our support is generally pretty quiet and will only sing, briefly, if we score.

You'll get a few songs at Raith and Falkirk games, but mostly the shitebag generic songs fans of every other team sing (with a couple of exceptions).

Away games you usually won't hear a thing from the folk who sing in pubs and buses pre-match.

1 hour ago, Parscelona said:

While the fans might not have a lot to shout about right now, it would be nice if the stadium announcer would stop screaming into the f**king microphone.

Someone should kindly point out to him that the whole point of the microphone is that he doesn’t need to shout.

It was so unnecessarily loud pre-match. There’s really not a lot to love about DAFC at the moment.

Edit - On that note, how on Earth have Chalmers and Wighton wriggled their way back into the starting line-up? How many nothing performances do they need to provide before McPake realises they have nothing to offer a Championship club?

Edited by Cardle is Magic

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Edit - On that note, how on Earth have Chalmers and Wighton wriggled their way back into the starting line-up? How many nothing performances do they need to provide before McPake realises they have nothing to offer a Championship club?

Because we have played far better this season when Chalmers has been on? 

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Your standards for “far better” must be considerably lower than mine.

Started yesterday and he was just as slow and ineffective as always.

Maybe they are, maybe you have an opinion of Chalmers that you're set upon? The amount of abuse that Chalmers gets, regardless of how he plays genuinely baffles me. 

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The club, and quite a lot of fans, obviously don't want to admit that our support is generally pretty quiet and will only sing, briefly, if we score.

Thought that our fans (primarily section E) have generally been very good for the past few seasons in creating an atmosphere, the drama is... Well the drama is pretty obvious. 

It's a shame that since the statement the atmosphere there has been absolutely nuked. 

14 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

He's just trying to write his own narrative, when he gets punted he'll be telling the media how harsh it was because the fans were still behind him etc. 

Nope, I really disliked Chalmers during our last Championship stint but not as extreme as others. He was then excellent during our L1 title campaign.

Last year he was terrible and I’ve seen nothing this season to suggest an improvement. Any suggestion we’ve been “far better” with him in the team is lunacy.

If we’re playing two sitting the it should be Hamilton and Otoo IMO. Better yet, try play without two holding midfielders as we have zero creativity playing that system.