Walking Down The Halbeath Road

17 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

As much as I don't think Chalmers is as bad as some make out, there seems to be an element of the support now saying how good he is every week, which I also don't agree with. There are two different camps with polarised opinion when the truth probably lands somewhere in the middle.

This is it for me. I feel the need to defend him constantly, just to counter the widely held opinion that he is the football equivalent of the anti-christ.

But we will never get anywhere even close to being successful in this league with players like him & Wighton in our team unfortunately.

And as our manager looks like going nowhere anytime soon, we're stuck in this never ending vortex.

Deep joy.

17 hours ago, Dislocated Boy said:

Absolutely, I think we all have. I just live in hope that Dapo is actually a player,  get himself fit and up to speed quickly and McPake sees him as the perfect replacement.

I have them down as different players? Or at least positions. I thought Mebude was meant to be a wide player, and Wighton is meant to be a striker? 

That's actually still a problem, despite how big our squad is, as soon as Kane is out we have no one I'd be happy leading the line as a striker. 

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

This is it for me. I feel the need to defend him constantly, just to counter the widely held opinion that he is the football equivalent of the anti-christ.

But we will never get anywhere even close to being successful in this league with players like him & Wighton in our team unfortunately.

And as our manager looks like going nowhere anytime soon, we're stuck in this never ending vortex.

Deep joy.

Aye that's probably about the same for me, I do beleive that under the right management there would be a place for Chalmers in a championship winning squad (dependent on wages etc), as a squad player I think he could have a role. But I'm not going to die in a ditch over that opinion.

I doubt we'll ever be in a position to find out. 

I think arguing over these bang average players misses the bigger point that expectations and standards have fallen so far over the last decade.

Clubs with (presumably) smaller budgets than us are performing much better in the Championship. Why did those in charge feel 40-odd points was an acceptable target? This is not a high-quality division and it does not require miracles to perform well in it.

I think the last time I was remotely excited about DAFC was when we reached the play-offs under AJ. There’s been so many shite managers, players and results since then, they all sort of blend together honestly.

It’s so frustrating to see us become a football club that has little to no ambition, with a fan base beaten into apathetic submission.

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

I think arguing over these bang average players misses the bigger point that expectations and standards have fallen so far over the last decade.

Clubs with (presumably) smaller budgets than us are performing much better in the Championship. Why did those in charge feel 40-odd points was an acceptable target? This is not a high-quality division and it does not require miracles to perform well in it.

I think the last time I was remotely excited about DAFC was when we reached the play-offs under AJ. There’s been so many shite managers, players and results since then, they all sort of blend together honestly.

It’s so frustrating to see us become a football club that has little to no ambition, with a fan base beaten into apathetic submission.

Oh i absolutely get all of that. However ultimately those responsible for that drop in standards will be gone in the next few months, the manager? Maybe shorty after, the players? 1 or 2 may go in January, a few more in the summer but most are here for at least the medium term.