Walking Down The Halbeath Road

A glorious day if true. It's probably just posturing though.

I would guess that also, probably wanting to see how many people are going to say "Don't go Brian, we love you" but the general consensus seems to be "Aye? Cheerio."

I would guess that also, probably wanting to see how many people are going to say "Don't go Brian, we love you" but the general consensus seems to be "Aye? Cheerio."

Aye it's a huge piece of attention seeking that isn't working out for him. His line about giving folk the 'satisfaction' of being admin on the site is pretty telling. He really thinks he's important. Also he threatened to stop work on the official site, despite that having nothing to do with .net.

A monumental cretin. Folk should post more abuse on the thread to try and rile him up so that he actually does close it down.

DA Baracus:

I know the budget is tight, that's why I said versatility is key in signings to cover positions we need under one wage.

We need, still, IMO:

GK x 1

CB x 1

LB x 1

CM x 1

Winger x 1

Striker x 1

6 positions. 4 or 5 new signings. If you get a couple of utility players (e.g Iain Davidson) then it is more than possible. I don't think I'm being unrealistic in what I'm saying. Budget is for maximum 20 first team players, we currently have 15 so still enough budget left to bring in these players in the positions listed above. Furthermore, I also said that certain positions aren't a necessity, IMO, e.g striker.

Burty - am I right in saying you've interviewed AJ?

What do you make of him? Are we in safe hands?

Any posters emigrating from .net to P&B should go through a developmental system before being able to post on the big time forum.

It's ok they won't be able to bully others through 'the club's best interests' and be backed up by him anymore.

hahaha fucking glorious - best thing that's happened to the club online ever

DAFC.net is shutting down

By dafc.net - Thu, 16th Jul 2015

After 20 years DAFC.net is shutting down. You may well ask why, don`t go into this story unless you are happy with very bad language.

"Fu_Manchu" Thu, July 16, 2015, 12:22 pm, deleted by brian

Yellow, red and black cards. Only a round pound for three.Post deleted with your own reason for the deletion. One round pound.Fun car for sale (see other thread)Swear like **** as this may be your last fucking chance to swear on this c**t of a forum.Let`s all see how many of us can get a black card before it goes.

The above is typical of a very small number of posters on the forum but I now can`t take it any longer. I have tried to show some respect over the years but this is what it come down too.

I`m sorry to see it go and I`m sure a lot of people will also, however I can`t tolerate this kind of abuse.

What goes around comes around.

The c**t seems to actually think it's important. He truly embodies the 'Internet' serious business' joke. He genuinely seems to think it will be a huge miss. What a c**t. I hope he stands on an upturned plug.

It's one of the best toys out the pram moments I have seen on any forum but not as good as the time they didnt allow the future of the club to be discussed on the main forum when we were plummeting into the financial abyss and the very future of the club was at stake.

Hopefully the other forum will be revived or a new one will start up.

Brian actually e-mailed me instead of one of the other mods citing a reason for handing out bans. I'll see if I can post it on here.

Tremendous. That would make for some excellent reading if you can post it.

Tremendous. That would make for some excellent reading if you can post it.

The gist of it was he was banning posters for complaining about the way certain things on site are handled. Except he didn't actually know of any complaints but he was going to ban them on the off chance they did complain. Rather bizzare.

For the record, I heard at least a month ago that .net was going to close so today's toys out the pram episode is just an excuse to blame others for his inept running of the site.

Burty - am I right in saying you've interviewed AJ?

What do you make of him? Are we in safe hands?

Yeah, I've interviewed him. He comes across as a really nice, down to earth guy. Personally, I think we will be in safe hands because he knows what he wants in terms of style and philosophy and he is going about his business in a shrewd way. Of course, it is early doors but we have done well in every game under him so far: we have attacked with intent, we have got shots away from all distances and angles and scored a variety of goals. AJ will constantly look to improve, and despite being unbeaten in 5 friendlies, last night when speaking to Douglas Scott from COWS, he said that he wasn't happy with the first 20 minutes and we must start games better. As I said, its too early to get a true reflection yet but for me, its very positive atm I'd say.