Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Aye. Just finished it.

Really good read with some great (and not so great) memories. We seemed to always have a load of players on trial, most of whom I've never heard of and didn't get a contract.

The finances make for abysmal reading. Obviously we know that the success was built on debt that we couldn't sustain and couldn't afford, but seeing the figures is pretty scary. Wages to turnover ratio was 120% at one point. What the f**k were they thinking?!

Also there are numerous mentions of the board being disappointed of crowds of 5-6k. Why? Aside from some notable games, that was always roughly the gates we got for regular games, even back in the 60s. So why did they imagine more fans would suddenly turn up? There was no basis for their projected figures (apparently they were budgeting for crowds of 8k).

The excuses Yorkston rolls out for the horrendous finances are laughable.

Also Bert Paton is a hero. Easily the club's number 1 all time legend. His success as a player for us was incredible but what he achieved as manager was even more remarkable. The team he put together that won the title features 8 players who would be in my all time Pars XI.

Plus he's absolutely sound as f**k, although when he sat at our table in Ayr prematch in the bowling club a couple of seasons ago I turned into a little girl and was just in awe of him and couldn't speak.

We should name the Main Stand after him

Also Bert Paton is a hero. Easily the club's number 1 all time legend. His success as a player for us was incredible but what he achieved as manager was even more remarkable. The team he put together that won the title features 8 players who would be in my all time Pars XI.

Plus he's absolutely sound as f**k, although when he sat at our table in Ayr prematch in the bowling club a couple of seasons ago I turned into a little girl and was just in awe of him and couldn't speak.

We should name the Main Stand after him

I can back this up. Played golf with him a few times and is a total gent, unlike that gibbering idiot Leishman.

I've read a few things that pars supporters have said about him on here and it would appear that he's completely oblivious to how highly some of you regard him.

I can back this up. Played golf with him a few times and is a total gent, unlike that gibbering idiot Leishman.

I've read a few things that pars supporters have said about him on here and it would appear that he's completely oblivious to how highly some of you regard him.

I think he's just a quiet, humble guy who doen't like too much attention, and is uncomfortable with anything that treats him as a big figure in the history of the club - obviously the complete opposite of Leishman in that sense.

That was a good day at Ayr in the bowling club, to be able to speak with him about some of the good days from his time as manager. It was funny when he perked up and had a laugh when I mentoned his rant at Willie Young at Motherwell and the battles he and Dick used to have with Alex Macdonald and John McVeigh at Airdie. I had to talk too much though, because the other Pars fan who was old enough to remember had turned into a starstruck wee lassie!

He's undoubtedly my favourite Pars player or manager, but I'd never say that to him because it woud make him uncomfortable.

Got the book for Christmas and I'm really looking forward to having a read. Happily surprised at how professional it looks and seems pretty thick as well. Top effort from the guys behind it.

I don't think the fact that Leish enjoys the adulation makes him an arse in any way. He and Paton are both absolute legends of the club though and would likely feature in any Mt Rushmore of Pars icons.

Hibs fans claiming they've signed your front man.

Not that I believe them

Think I'd cry real tears if Faiss signed for Hibs. The same rumour kicked about in September and turned out to be pish, hope it's the same this time around.

They'd have to pay for him then, because his contracts up in the summer. Am I right in saying that?

He'll be away to Hibs regardless. Alan Stubbs seems to be a big fan of his. This is most definitely Fais' last season with The Pars

They'd have to pay for him then, because his contracts up in the summer. Am I right in saying that?

He'll be away to Hibs regardless. Alan Stubbs seems to be a big fan of his. This is most definitely Fais' last season with The Pars

Indeed, wonder if we've taken a smaller fee with some add ons with regards to future transfer fees?

Moffat, Wallace and MAC is more than good enough to win this division at a canter but it'll be a shame to see him go if he does.

I reckon it's just a rumour tbh. We've got about eight strikers/attackers as it is although a couple of them are loans that look like being cancelled.

Probably.

Would be gutted to see him go. You'd be gaining a real quality player. Definitely too good for League 1.