Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just had a wee thought there. When we missed out on getting promoted two years ago, financially, it seemed a disaster, what with Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Falkirk and Raith Rovers all in the league.

However next season might still have potential to be financially rewarding for us, should we get promoted. Probably likely that Rangers will win the league but, hypothetically, you could be looking at a league with Dundee United (they look doomed in the Premiership), Hibs, Falkirk, Raith Rovers and St Mirren in it. Should we get there, all those games would draw in fairly decent crowds and bolster the coffers. I am aware that Hibs, Falkirk etc could also get promoted via the play-offs but best case scenario would probably be us going up and the only changes in the Championship being Rangers going up and one of Dumbarton, Alloa or Livingston going down. Or even two of them going down and Ayr coming up in the play-offs.

Us and Ayr going up, Alloa and Dumbarton coming down.

Rangers going up, Dundee Utd coming down would be the best we could hope for imo.

Personally I'd prefer it if Hibs went up and Killie came down, but Hibs would be bring a decent amount of money tbf

I reckon Hibs will probably go up this year tbf, at least means that Falkirk will still be there though.

Kilmarnock would be OK in the grand scheme of things, they'd probably have some alright away crowds because they haven't been in the second tier in years, would be shit if it was Hamilton.

Alloa to go down automatically, not fussed about who comes/stays up via the playoffs. Ayr, Livi and Dumbarton will all bring a handful of fans.

Putting aside my hatred for all things new and old Rangers, I'd love another couple of chances to break the Ibrox hoodoo.

I'd rather they went bust and we never had to endure another second at that disgusting, hate-filled, bigoted cesspit they call Ibrox.

Bigger crowds= more money and better atmospheres. Why would you not want to be in the same league with rivals and bigger teams?

Yeah that's what I first thought. Was just making the point that there is potential for big crowds next season which could be very good for our finances. We need to be in that league next season. Could end being a really good, competitive league with clubs you'd normally associate with being at the top.

You were complaining about "fan counting fannies" when people were just speculating about which sides would make for the best Championship next season.

Yes, but some were trying to see who would have the highest crowds to make for the most profitable Championship. I thought the club was able to sustain itself? Extra money is of course welcome, but it's not what it's all about. Not all clubs have a big support, but that club may be better than many clubs who do have a larger fanbase, e.g. Hamilton.

Yes, but some were trying to see who would have the highest crowds to make for the most profitable Championship. I thought the club was able to sustain itself? Extra money is of course welcome, but it's not what it's all about. Not all clubs have a big support, but that club may be better than many clubs who do have a larger fanbase, e.g. Hamilton.

Fucking hell, this lady and gentleman is the footballing version of a hipster!

The club can, for example we could just put out u19's at £90 a week and the club would be sustaining itself. It would be fucking shite though.

However some fans would like to see the club achieve as much as it can, that means performing at the highest level infront of the most fans, that in turn can bring more money, which means a bigger budget for the squad, so on and so forth. Extra money, more atmophsere, big derby games is precisely what it's all about.

There are exception to the rules, however the best club in this division is the one with the largest fanbase, do you know who the second best club is? Funnily enough the one with the second biggest fanbase! Shockeroony! Hamilton and St Johnstone are both clubs that have been run fantastically well, do you think they would turn down more fans though?

So, you'd rather have a Hamilton side that not only brought no fans but were also pretty decent and would likely be better than us? That sounds fucking terrible tbh.

If we're going to be in a league of good teams then I'd want us to make as much money as possible. If we're in a league of sides with poor away supports (i.e. this season) then I'd want the rest to be shite so we'd at least win matches.