Walking Down The Halbeath Road

16 minutes ago, Fungi said:

Not really wanting your attention no, just saying that's the latest I've heard. Imagine if both players I mentioned were related...

You said you heard something but can't say what it is until it's announced.

I could say that we're going to sign someone but can't say who it is until it's announced, and then once a signing is made claim I knew all along.

I've got the same feeling about McCabe too tbh. Tam McManus was another chancer like this. Still reckon we need a minimum of two strikers, a winger or two, three central midfielders, a right back and a backup keeper. That's if we are going to push for top four. I hope we dont start like last season with a mediocre squad then play catchup all season. If we can't afford pushing to go up then don't say so but you have to ask why not with our resources.
No u20 squad, centenary club, 3000 season tickets. We should be up there.

3000?well,were about 3/5 there on that front I believe.

Still, there's a bit of time to go before pre season and reading other clubs threads, we seem to be quite ahead in terms of preparation.

Striker a priority though, sure they're working on it.

Suppose some of you'll be calling for a stewards inquiry as p***kolas didn't get into the Championship team of the year, unlike Sir Stephen.

Hard luck, but do please keep trying.

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Reilly must've just missed out. Would have been a hard call for the judges to choose between him and Dobbie.

Aye, must have been a close call. If I do recall correctly the last time he was in this league Reilly was named in the Championship team of the year, though he was playing for a good team then. What a coincidence eh! ;)

33 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Suppose some of you'll be calling for a stewards inquiry as p***kolas didn't get into the Championship team of the year, unlike Sir Stephen.

Hard luck, but do please keep trying.

At least you keep trying Gav, although with efforts like 'p***kolas' you should probably try a bit harder.

48 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I've got the same feeling about McCabe too tbh. Tam McManus was another chancer like this. Still reckon we need a minimum of two strikers, a winger or two, three central midfielders, a right back and a backup keeper. That's if we are going to push for top four. I hope we dont start like last season with a mediocre squad then play catchup all season. If we can't afford pushing to go up then don't say so but you have to ask why not with our resources.
No u20 squad, centenary club, 3000 season tickets. We should be up there.

:lol: Just the 9 new players then.

Have you been using the Masterton calculator?

Do you also understand that there are costs other than the player budget, and that it would be exceptionally foolish to, in effect, gamble when at least one of the income sources you name isn't guaranteed and can fluctuate wildly.

How many did we release/have gone? BRE, Fordyce, Herron, McMillan, Moffat, Geggan Hutton plus an entire U20 squad. I would say that is spending about the same. I agree about resources we will be without Hibs and Raith but tbh raith stopped bringing a decent crowd a while back so 6000 less fans potentially. If Morton can do it then so can we.

Aye, must have been a close call. If I do recall correctly the last time he was in this league Reilly was named in the Championship team of the year, though he was playing for a good team then. What a coincidence eh! [emoji6]

Was he not playing for qots?

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

How many did we release/have gone? BRE, Fordyce, Herron, McMillan, Moffat, Geggan Hutton plus an entire U20 squad. I would say that is spending about the same. I agree about resources we will be without Hibs and Raith but tbh raith stopped bringing a decent crowd a while back so 6000 less fans potentially. If Morton can do it then so can we.

We nearly did, despite the poor start.

Not sure what we are disagreeing about then. We lost nine, need to replace with nine if we are to get up to fourth or better. I think this is what aj said too. Maybe with a smaller squad but I'm hoping that means getting rid of u20s and replacing it with proper backup. IMO the reason we didnt make it was being naive about the quality of league one winners and being four or five players short all season. Wasting wages on dross like bre and hopkirk opposed to teams like falkirk who can bring on quality from the bench. We had a decent 1-11 and a bench of players not up to standard because of sticking with league one guys. Still a long way to go but if we are going to start with Williamson at rb and hopkirk upfront then forget about top four.

AJ saying (in video about signing Talbot) he's after goalscorers but we've already missed out on a couple. He has also said a few times we'll have a smaller squad and that Gill will be the backup keeper. Can't see how we can expect to have a smaller squad, with a smaller budget, yet a stronger bench. AJ is not a big fan of subs anyway, plus our 1-11s tend to stay very fit and consistent. Can't see us signing more than another 4 or 5 who you could consider a starter. RB, ST, WR, CM and we have a starting 11. Cardle could come back into contention too. Didn't show much last year but he's one of those guys who has the quality to score against anyone (but can equally vanish). I'm sure he could add more to the team that just being backup for Higgy.