Saturdays Coupon

venga1

Why? I had £20 on Rangers to win at Parkhead which worked. I don't think you really have a clue about much. Full stop.

478752[/snapback]

i don't have a clue about much... ok, thanks for that john motson, you cock.

Guest Geordie_Elvis

Wayne Rooney 1st goal + Man Utd win 4-2

150/1 definitly worth a quid. theres always gonna be goals here.

Stillian Petrov 1st goal + Celtic win 2-0

80/1 another quid or two here

;)

I have put on the followin with my change from lunch...

50p on...

(Blackburn) v MAN CITY

NORWICH v (Charlton)

WIGAN v (QPR)

WOLVES v (Rotherham)

...Could pay £6.72

50p on...

(Notts Forest) v BURNLEY

(Walsall) v HULL

MOTHERWELL v (Aberdeen)

BRECHIN v (Berwick)

...Could pay £11.35

50p on...

(Aston Villa) v BOLTON

(Palace) v LIVERPOOL

SUNDERLAND v (Leicester)

DONCASTER v (Hartlepool)

...Could pay £10.89

50p on...

CHELSEA v (Fulham)

MAN U v (Newcastle)

(Dunfermline) v INVERNESS

(Kilmarnock) v DUNDEE

(Montrose) v GRETNA

...Could pay £9.14

Not going to ain a fortune, probably win nothing at all, but will make watching the scores come in a tiny bit more exciting!

(ALSO- i have backed Dundee and Burnley because i really hope that they lose- with my dismal record for predicting the scores im sure it somehow helps their cause towards a loss!)

After last week's Away Day Special,it is time to come Home to Roost today with 5 Home victories predicted today at rewarding odds.

Barclaycard Premiership

Norwich City Vs Charlton Athletic

It is like watching an old movie with Charlton Athletic in the past couple of years.They start the season poorly,catch up and get into the top half of the league,just threating the European places and then at this time every year, the players ease off,think job has been well done and think of their end of season holidays.That might get them results against sides like Aston Villa whom they drew 0-0 with in midweek as they are of a similair vein but against a Norwich City side who have finally played their way into some form,especially at Carrow Road, there are likely to struggle.Draws are no longer any use to Nigel Worthington's side in their battle for survival so I expect them to bombard Addicks keeper Dean Keily's goal with attempts this afternoon in an effort to get themselves off the bottom of the table with 3 very winnable games left in their season against Southampton,Birmingham and Fulham to come.At 13/10 NORWICH CITY have to be the bet here to take all 3 points.

Coca-Cola Championship

Plymouth Vs Coventry

Both sides are away from the danger zone for the moment and an end of season bore-athon might ensue but with their Home form against their relegation rivals standing up well to close inspection PLYMOUTH ARGYLE should have too many guns for their opponents tody and are priced up at around 11/10 to do so which is fair value.

Three of Argyle's last 4 Home wins have come against sides who are in the bottom half of the table in Watford,Crewe Alexandrea and Brighton so the Sky Blues should hold no fears for them and apparently they didn't play that badly at Stoke last week until the 2nd goal went in and killed off the game.Whether or nor a win here is enough to keep Bobby Williamson in a job at Home Park next season is still in question with it likely he will be back up north by the start of the new season,but he should be able to raise a smile(Unlike him I know lol!) tonight.

Coca-Cola League One

Blackpool Vs Chesterfield

At 11/10 Colin Hendry's BLACKPOOL side are worthy of a wager against a Chesterfield side who are just going through the motions.

After a poor start to the season,the Seasiders have picked up in recent months and are finishing the season at the wrong time in one respect as they could easily have made the play-offs if they had started to play as well as they have in the last 10 games in the previous few months.Don't expect a goalfest as 5 of the last 7 games between these two sides has finished up 1-0 either way.

Coca-Cola League Two

Cambridge United Vs Rochdale

The Best Bet of The Day comes in this match with the home side CAMBRIDGE UNITED a Strong Fancy to take all 3 points at very tasty odds of 9/5.

They may be on their way out of the Football League but that hasn't stopped Cambridge having a real go at it in the past few weeks with 4 wins at the Abbey Stadium in their last 5 Home matches including wins against similairly placed sides as today's opponents in 9th placed Wycombe and 7th placed Darlington falling victim to the U's in recent weeks.

Rochdale have only won one Away game in their last 10 road trips and it is their excellent Home record that is keeping them in the top half of the table so they can be opposed easily today in my opinion.

Scottish League One

Ross County Vs Queen Of The South

Only one Scottish game captures my imagination this weekend and I take ROSS COUNTY to land the spoils at Victoria Park at odds of 11/10.

County have won 4 of their last 6 games including 3 of their last 4 at Home and have started to score some goals again after going through a barren spell towards the end of January where they failed to find the target in 3 conscecutive games.Their is always bad news with Alex Smith's continuation in charge for another year not great but against a Queens side who have also found goals hard to come by this season a 1-0 Ross County victory might be the most likely scoreline,in fact 6 of the last 8 games between these two sides has finished up by that scoreline with only 3 occasions in the last 15 matches between the sides that both sides have scored as well.

Best of luck with whatever you bet this weekend..

Steven

Rule 1.1 Stay away from accumulaters. See i cant even spell the word.

Arab Joe's '.could pay blah blah' cracks me up :lol Pick your picks then apply Rule 2 - count your winnings after your selections are home.

481468[/snapback]

hence the word 'could'

(ALSO- i have backed Dundee and Burnley because i really hope that they lose- with my dismal record for predicting the scores im sure it somehow helps their cause towards a loss!)

479934[/snapback]

it worked! def gonna back dundee and whoever play forest again next week!

Archived