On 20/08/2017 at 17:02, DA Baracus said:

Final point, and one I've made before; just what the f**k is the point of Percy Watson? He adds absolutely nothing. He's useless and wooden. He's pointless. Get him right to f**k.

I can only assume he's there to cater for the dense and those who enjoy folk stating the obvious. Was hoping he'd f**k off and not return when Graves/JR did their guest commentary.

Edited by Nod

No news on Asuka on last night's show. Confirmed she'll be out 6-8 weeks but nothing on if she'll have to vacate the belt. 

Also, apparently, Triple H doesn't want to lose her. He's put years of work into Asuka and he's worried WWE would ruin her quickly. I get where he's coming from, but that's not his call. 

Good that he's standing up for the brand though.  I'd imagine Vince could still come in and laugh in his face and do it anyway, but it's hardly unfounded given how dreadfully some of the top talents have been treated.  I think this is slightly different too, a lot of the male talents were joining similarly talented ones on the main roster - for me Asuka is, or should be least - head and shoulders above everyone.  She should probably come in like Paige did (oo-er) and win the title immediately, and I just can't see them doing that.  

I don't think they'll strip the title.  What's the point?  If they think she can get back in time for the next show, she should keep it.  Becomes more difficult if she can't defend it there.  Personally if she's going to be ready, I'd have her go up against whoever wins the Mae Young Classic.  Really elevate someone, hopefully someone who feels as legit as Asuka does.  Have her become the new heel who claims she's beaten the unbeatable, and then try and rebuild Ember Moon as a threat.  Then let a hurting Asuka go up and kick the head off of whoever holds the title at that point.  A newly crowned champion heel Carmella perhaps.

I don't think Ember Moon is beyond saving at this point, but the rest are. Absolutely nobody else should be getting a shot at the belt at this point. Mae Young winner gets the belt, bring in a few of them, and in the meantime, have Ember Moon run through folk like Asuka was doing, except more convincingly.

I can't see them just giving the Mae Young winner the belt.  But then I'm not sure what else they can do.  Like you say, the women's roster is pretty dreadful aside from Ember Moon.  Maybe they'll have a mini tournament to determine a number 1 contender in the lead up to the next show, then have that person go up against the Mae Young winner.  

Interesting to see what they do with Asuka on the main roster when she makes it there.  Suuuurely they can't f**k this up given how sparse the women's roster is.  Can see Carmella cashing in, then Asuka coming in and winning the title off her at the first opportunity.  Or she comes in with a name change like Mitsubishi Nintendo and starts a feud with Tamina.

I don't think the women's roster are awful tbh. They're just jobbers though. Ember Moon looked a real threat at times.

I don't see why they can't give the Mae Young Classic winner the belt. It's easy enough to say "everyone else has lost". Which also gives Moon the "motivation" to go and start demolishing the f**k out of folk and demand the Classic winner later.

Nikki Cross and Ruby Riot are decent enough, and Ember Moon showed at Takeover that she could be the top woman in NXT, but aye, the women's roster is pretty thin on viable contenders. They're trying to build up that lassie who did MMA (totally forgot her name) but it's been uninspiring so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

It's usually 2 rings next to each other all inside 1 steel cage is it not?

Was there not some mad one that had 3 cages /rings  on top of each other or is that some sort of bullshit myth 

Aye that's the one. And yes, the latter did happen once (I think on the back of Ready To Rumble, the finest wrestling film of all time).

I'd be surprised if they doubled up the cage - they seemed dead against that in the past with the logistics, plus it would be an odd set-up with having other normal matches on the same card these days.

Wonder when they'll do the Doomsday Cage Match.  That was braw.

• 1 month later...