League Two-where Is Thevalue?..

The only league in the UK where the title race is still to be settled reaches it conclusion today and I feel there is tremendous value in backing [bSouthend ] at 50/1 + to wrestle the title from the grasps of the other 2 contenders.

The league table currently reads:

1-Yeovill P45 80PTS +22 GD

2-Sc**thorpe P45 79PTS +27 GD

3-Southend P45 77PTS +19GD

4-Swansea P45 77PTS +18GD

Of those 4 sides, only Yeovill have a Home game against 5th placed Lincoln City so you would expect them to be in the driving seat and naturally they are odds-on.But should they be?

One win from their last 4 Home games is not the kind of form you want to be in going into a game against a side who will be attempting to makse sure they go into the Play-offs with some momentum.There is also no suggestion that Keith Alexander will rest players as he does not have a big enough sqaud to do so,and as I was advised by my resident Lincoln expert earlier in the week they have party-pooped on occasion in the past(Apparently a Carlisle Away game springs to mind for him when they won 4-0)..So let's say that the Imps do wreck the promtoion party and take all 3 points from their Somerset rivals,what other games take place today with the Top 3..

2nd placed Sc**thorpe are Away from Home at lowly Shrewsbury who will have striker Luke Beckett playing his last game for the club, according to Soccernet.com. 21st (and safe) against 2nd..Surely, a forgone conclusion for Scunny?..Not the way I see it..

The Shrews have the best Home record of those sides in the bottom half of the table,and with only 2 defeats in their last 10 Home games,conceding only 18 goals in the whole season at Gay Meadow.They face a Sc**thorpe side with only 6 wins on the road all season and with only 1 win in their last 10 Road trips..With the tension that will be permeating itself from the fans to the players(Believe me, I've been there, it WILL!) I would want to be against them at odds-on

That then leaves Southend, away from Home at Grimsby...Of the three sides challenging for the title,they have the easiest game based on form and opponent in my opinion.They still need to at least match whatever result Swansea get away at Bury to clinch Automatic Promotion and they will also know that they need to get at least 2 goals so I can see an all out attack policy from the Shrimpers against a side who have failed to score in over 360 minutes of football at Home.

As I said, it might seem a flight of fancy but I do believe that the value certainly lies with the Shrimpers snatching the title and they have to be the bet on a quiet weekend's football with only Dunfermline to beat Dundee at East End Park now that the Poet is in charge again making much appeal to me..

Best of luck with whatever you bet this weekend..

Steven

The Trainbairn

reading your post with interest...

checked and ladbrokes are only offering 33/1 for swansea, but i think i may have a small flutter if i can find long enough odds. cheers

-edit-

lol, good old ladbrokes with their crap odds again! it's actually better taking a treble on southend shrewsbury and lincoln!

Archived