Any Macintosh Users?

My folks have an iMac and I've succesfully upgraded from OS9.1 :angry: to OSX.2 :D . Everything is going swimmingly only they've lost all their applications. I know there's a way you can run OS9 apps on OSX called 'Classic' or something but don't know much more than that. I was wondering if anyone could give me a copy of any applications for OSX or a shot of this 'Classic' gear. Or even if someonbe could point me in the direction to get them reasonably cheap.

Thanks ;)

Alright,

If they haven't chosen to use classic when they installed Mac osX then they are pretty screwedi think. I did a clean upgrade from my OSx.2 and OS 9.2 (together, thats how you get classic) to 10.3 (far better than 10.2) but i lost my classic so I had to go back and reinstal the original stuff again and only upgrade the os x part.

What sort of stuff are they looking for? Getting osx stuff wouldbe the best route.

Alright,

If they haven't chosen to use classic when they installed Mac osX then they are pretty screwedi think. I did a clean upgrade from my OSx.2 and OS 9.2 (together, thats how you get classic) to 10.3 (far better than 10.2) but i lost my classic so I had to go back and reinstal the original stuff again and only upgrade the os x part.

What sort of stuff are they looking for? Getting osx stuff wouldbe the best route.

502141[/snapback]

Thanks mate. I installed it for them but didn't see an option for using classic. I chose the clean install option but can't remember being asked if I wanted to install classic. They're really only after Appleworks I think as they've got a lot of documents which were created using it. I'd be quite happy to do the whole thing again if they could run the classic thingy. They've still got their OS9 disks. How do you go about it?

Archived