The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the beers I got in for the beer festival have all gone already for had to order a load more in.

Adnams Lighthouse 3.4%
Batemans XB 3.7%
Batemans xxxb 4.5%
Black Sheep Imperial Russian Stout 7.5%
Cronx Mad Ass Chilli Entire 5.2%
Dark Star American Pale Ale 4.7%
Fullers London Porter 5.4%
Grafton Lady Mary 5%
Hopback Summer Lightning 5%
Hydes Muscavado Mocha 4%
Mighty Oak Oscar Wilde Mild 3.7%
Oakham Citra 4.2% x2
Oakham Mompessoms Gold 5%
Rudgate Ruby Mild 4.4%
Thornbridge Jaipur 5.9% x2
Hopefully these last until Sunday.

Just tucking in to a few Batemans triple XB premium pale ales tonight. Lovely!!!

gy diamond, can I ask where your pub is? You seem to stock some magic ales.

It's in Cleethorpes, only a little traditional pub but we do shift some amount of beer for somewhere as small.

Just a guess. One of the oldest and unchanged pubs in that area and features in the Camra good beer tour.

Up until a year ago there was no change since about the 80's but the new owner took over and freshinged. Things up a bit.

By the time I left tonight I have 2 beer festival beers left which means over 10 days I've been through 51 barrels

Which in our size of pub is a massive achievement

I had a couple of these last night and I think I might have discovered my new favourite lager. Nice czech/pilsner type taste and really easy to drink.

You've been to Tesco, haven't you! I'm an I&G fan and picked up a couple of those too. Enjoyed, but it won't replace the original from my shopping basket.

El bumpo.

Tonight's choices, courtesy of the beerhive in Edinburgh. Looking forward to the new Williams Bros one the most.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1395434723.913298.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1395434739.090691.jpg

What's the verdict on Wee Bit? I haven't seen it, but then I'm an Aldi cheapskate.

Archived