Lee Miller In Scotland Squad

Rugster

The team against moldova should be:

---------------------Douglas---------------------

-McNamara---Anderson----Wier----Naysmith-

-Fletcher---Ferguson----Quashie---McFadden-

------------Thompson----------Riordan------------

Then we have a tough game against Belarus away so i would take out Riordan or McFadden for depending on what happens against Moldova and replace one of them with Daily and play a 4-1-3-2 with Thompson upfront alongside one of Riordan or McFadden. We need a strong attacker up to partener a quicker striker against Belarus...It will be another Lithuania and we need experiance and dicapline and most of the time i think we will be forced to play the long ball.

Guest Stella Addict
I think he meant 1.8 games per goal.........

509476[/snapback]

Thats what I meant ;)

I was told at the weekend if he plays for Scotland whilst on the books of Bristol City Falkirk will receive a 5 figure sum!!

Guest donexile

A question to all the lads who included Dailly in their line -up;

Why would u play someone who has hardly played 5 mins of football all season in a must win game?

I can't understand why he even got the call up tbh :unsure::o

I'd go with Riordan and Miller up front

Christian Dailly is an experianced player and i dont think there would be much wrong with him playing again. Maybe not against Moldova but i would certinaly start him against Belarus. a week training with the sqaud should see him ready for the Belarus game.

The thought of Lee Miller up there with a great first touch, enthusiasm, pace, strength (finally a Scotland forward wi strength), and youth on his side fills me with hope. Think back to fucking Don Hutchison diddying his way about up there and weep! :angry:

The thought of Lee Miller up there with a great first touch, enthusiasm, pace, strength (finally a Scotland forward wi strength), and youth on his side fills me with hope.  Think back to fucking Don Hutchison diddying his way about up there and weep!  :angry:

513800[/snapback]

How can you say that? for years Hutchison was our best player, and scored far too many important goals to be accused of diddying his way about?

Scary eh?  He was a lightweight old man wi no pace and very little commitment.

514051[/snapback]

Without whom we wouldnt have got wins away to England and Germany, to name 2?

And if he'd actually been semi fit, reasonably strong, pacey and didn't fall down at the slightest touch and look to Refs wi that stupid greetin face wanting free kicks awarded all over the park who knows how we might have got on?

p.s. Does an International Challenge match (friendly) really matter?

Did we not go out on our arses as a result of Hutchison failing to score at Hampden four days earlier?

26 games and six goals, hardly the stuff of legends.

Guest gambler

514897[/snapback]

Well considering that he wasn't a striker, and hardly ever played up front for his club sides he was a great player for us.

Who would you rather have had Jackson, Dodds, Winters? :o

I mean we weren't exactly spoilt for choice.

If the Old Boys Club at the SFA hadn't made such a c**t of the Duncan Ferguson debacle we'd have had him. Very much suited to the style of play we've always been prone to using and would have bagged more than six that's for sure. I'd have played Kenny Miller ahead of that fud Don any day, perhaps even Stevie Crawford as he could at least run in those days. Typical Scotland, it's all about 'experience'. Bollocks. If you're good enough you should be in, why do we always wait until folk are has beens before they make it?! f**k sake Doogie Freedman would have been a far better choice than lame Huchison!

amazing palyer and im happy scotland have a other good young player comin though as i think we are gettin much better palyers like flecher, mcfadden, riordan,o'conor and others i think we will be bring a lot more though and we never know what is tooo come in the future

514897[/snapback]

Who else has a better record than him?

Miller? Crawford? And they are supposed to be strikers?

You talk the biggest heap of shite.

Who else has a better record than him?

No-one, they're all shit and while folk like you continue to back them up whether they're good or not they'll continue to be shite! Perhaps if the management and those in the Ivory Tower at the SFA heard some criticism of their dark ages policies we'll improve. Or we can just carry on, as you do, saying Huchison actually did a job for us! Bullshit, he was shite.

Guest mc-cal

I think Lee Miller- Derek Riordan is the future of ths scotland attack !

that would be a great attack,great complementarity B)

No-one, they're all shit and while folk like you continue to back them up whether they're good or not they'll continue to be shite!  Perhaps if the management and those in the Ivory Tower at the SFA heard some criticism of their dark ages policies we'll improve.  Or we can just carry on, as you do, saying Huchison actually did a job for us!  Bullshit, he was shite.

523447[/snapback]

Yet again, scoring vital goals for us in big wins like at Wembley, isnt doing a job for us? :huh::huh:

THat was the best goal ever in my view for scotland.... as i was actually at the game. 6 goals in 26 games, a lot of the time as a midfielder or behind the main striker, is a very good record, for a country that isnt that good. He was also the most consistan performer in that time. I still cant beleive you can say that he didnt perform for us.

Yet again, scoring vital goals for us in big wins like at Wembley, isnt doing a job for us? 

Maybe you were too drunk to realise that night that despite his goal we went fucking oot! We went oot because he and many others did f**k all in the first leg!

Try and excuse him position wise if you want, do you think he gives as much as the Paul Scholes or the Roy Keanes of this world? Simple answer no. Do you think in all the games he played for us he showed anywhere near the passion that Quashie has shown in hardly any appearances? Answer, no. Since Quashie arrived on the scene our national team actually have fight about them again.

Are you Huchisons son? Are you Huchison?! :lol:

Yes i was there at the first dire game... and yes i know we went out. But how many other recent great performances have we had from players that have won us anything?

Has Quashie ever been in a winning Scotland team? (not being in the UK havent seen him play for us)

Hutchison scored many important goals for Scotland, including arguably the best result we have had in my lifetime.

To compare him to Scholes and Keane is pretty stupid also.... they are 2 of the best players to come from the British isles this generation. Not one Scottish player compares to either of them. Hutchison was one of Scotlands best performers when he was playing.

Archived