Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

14 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

It's the group stages they need to be aiming for and nothing less. Aberdeen made some money from the last few European campaigns but it wasn't a lot but was good enough to help Aberdeen invest a bit more in the squad.

The level of investment some Rangers fans are wanting is tantamount to qualifying through the group stages to the knock out phase just to recover what they spent to get there. So it's not a win win situation by any means.

Absolutely.

Only qualifying for the CL group stages would really net the kind of fortune they seem reliant on, and that's surely miles off.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Absolutely.

Only qualifying for the CL group stages would really net the kind of fortune they seem reliant on, and that's surely miles off.

I seriously thought at this point the club would have started to turn a profit, not a big one but enough to show that the club had gotten a grip of it's finances progressing forward. It had the chance back in December 1012 to put aside millions to invest at a future date when applicable, it didn't and imo gave into the fans and spent like it was still in the top tier with the players they were signing.

£500K extra each season until they reached the top tier with a manager who was only there until promotion to the top flight would have been prudent. But the fans lapped it up bragging or thinking they were buying the best players from the top flight and money was never going to be a problem on the journey to the promised land.

Kings opening gambit in the top flight has backfired, he gambled and it didn't pay off with the staff the club had employed and has cost the club money they surely need for next season and will surely be deducted from next seasons ST's further depleting the kitty.

44 minutes ago, Derlei said:

iirc you were hoping for bottom six, and dwindling attendances, resulting in admin2.

Monkey was one of the many telling us that attendance would fall in div3 once the novelty factor wore off and we would be playing Infront of 10,000 regularly  , then when that never came it was div2 we would notice this again it failed to work out . Then when the whole boycott got into full swing they told us that was it , but once that was resolved attendance returned to normal and now we are being told the same . Best just to let the waffle . 

Just now, Forever_blueco said:

Monkey was one of the many telling us that attendance would fall in div3 once the novelty factor wore off and we would be playing Infront of 10,000 regularly  , then when that never came it was div2 we would notice this again it failed to work out . Then when the whole boycott got into full swing they told us that was it , but once that was resolved attendance returned to normal and now we are being told the same . Best just to let the waffle . 

I'm sure most of the other fans were posting more or less the same stuff at the time F_B. Credit to the Rangers fans for sticking it out through the lower leagues though.

Now we will find out if they have the same resolve should they field an average team with an average manager, I just don't see any major investment in the club in the near future as things stand.

6 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Monkey was one of the many telling us that attendance would fall in div3 once the novelty factor wore off and we would be playing Infront of 10,000 regularly  , then when that never came it was div2 we would notice this again it failed to work out . 

Ok, you'll need to provide some evidence of this.

34 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Total Pish.

I expected Rangers to finish second and much closer to Celtic than they'll get.

Don't think anyone expected Celtic to have as strong a season as they have had . nit much we can really do about that . Even if we were having a stronger season we would probably still be in the region of 15-20 points behind them . 

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

Am not trawling through 5 years of posts to pin point it . You regularly hit out with this stuff in our fist couple of years in the lower division 

Simply not true.

I actually give some thought to what I spout on here and have never been very bold in predicting gloom for Rangers.  I'm pretty pessimistic in nature where football is concerned, and was pleasantly surprised to see how faltering the progress 'back' proved to be.

The best I think you'll find if you do look is a post in which I said that Rangers would be a huge fish in the bottom tier, even on gates of five or six thousand.  That's certainly not the level of gate I was predicting though.  I'd no idea what would happen and said so.

Please don't make up lies about me, then claim that the reason you won't provide evidence is that you can't be bothered, rather than that it doesn't exist.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Simply not true.

I actually give some thought to what I spout on here and have never been very bold in predicting gloom for Rangers.  I'm pretty pessimistic in nature where football is concerned, and was pleasantly surprised to see how faltering the progress 'back' proved to be.

The best I think you'll find if you do look is a post in which I said that Rangers would be a huge fish in the bottom tier, even on gates of five or six thousand.  That's certainly not the level of gate I was predicting though.  I'd no idea what would happen and said so.

Please don't make up lies about me, then claim that the reason you won't provide evidence is that you can't be bothered, rather than that it doesn't exist.

Aye nae bother MT

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

Aye nae bother MT

Ok.  We can all just accuse people of having said all sorts on here, yet not be required to back it up at all?

I know that nothing posted is particularly consequential, but is there not some sort of requirement to not just tell lies about each other?

Didn't think that was your style to be honest.  

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ok.  We can all just accuse people of having said all sorts on here, yet not be required to back it up at all?

I know that nothing posted is particularly consequential, but is there not some sort of requirement to not just tell lies about each other?

Didn't think that was your style to be honest.  

mate it's a football forum 

simmer doon 

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It would be better if you just admitted you were mistaken.

Is that something you're unable to do?

I don't think I am . Can recall having plenty of debates with you over the subject . But if you think I am going to look through thousands upon thousands of pages on the bralt to pin point a certain discussion you are on to plums :lol:

Interestingly I did take a quick look into deepest darkest bralt and the two or three pages I read was full of monkey gibbering away to himself , hellbhoy posting nonsense , WRK starting a fight in an empty hoose . The more things change eh? :lol:

a name popped up which did send shivers down my spine though as the memories rushed  . Beetroot !whatever happened to Him ?

1 hour ago, hellbhoy said:

I seriously thought at this point the club would have started to turn a profit, not a big one but enough to show that the club had gotten a grip of it's finances progressing forward. It had the chance back in December 1012 to put aside millions to invest at a future date when applicable, it didn't and imo gave into the fans and spent like it was still in the top tier with the players they were signing.

Our proud history goes back to the middle ages...