P&B's Top 30 Electronic Music Albums

Colin M

After browsing the 'Dance Songs' thread earlier I ended up linked to DJ Mag's Top 100 DJ poll results. I haven't paid much attention to such things in the past few years but it's amazing how all these Euro trance-chancers have come to prominence.

[moaning old clubber] The times have truly changed when Armin Van fucking Burrin of all people is regarded as the number one DJ in the world by people who vote in these polls. That c**t's not fit to carry a former poll winner like Sasha's record bag. You kids don't know you're born, back in the day, etc etc [\moaning old clubber].

I think Armin is number 1 because there was such a backlash (rightly so) about David fucking Guetta winning last year. A lot of people seemed to view Armin as the only "non-mainstream" guy to finish ahead of him. Although he's won it a good number of times over the last number of years so maybe I'm wrong.

Old Tiesto wasn't that bad was he? I enjoy listening to in search of sunrise 4 - 6 over and over.

Some old Tiesto was great. Kaleidoscope was fucking awful though.

Thanks everyone who has submitted so far, loads of great lists and nominations. Hope to keep them coming over the next week, if we can hit 20 voters in total I'll be delighted!

I'll mention it to my 23 (22 minus you) followers on Twitter :P

How many have you go so far?

Edited by Thundermonkey

I'll mention it to my 23 (22 minus you) followers on Twitter :P

How many have you go so far?

I think 14 including me, so expecting to get closer to 20 from the other people who have posted here still to vote. No rush yet! :)

It's hard enough trying to filter down to 10 albums, but then trying to put a list in order is even more difficult. I've redrawn my list up and changed it loads of times already. Some of the votes coming through mention things that I hadn't included and make me think I should have.

It's also really difficult to measure more recent things against "classics" from 1995 or whatever. I actually think there's a much wider range of great electronic music that I love now (in album form at least) but putting it into context against recognized classics and things I loved back then is difficult. It's like people who think you can never top The Beatles or whatever.

You're right about the top 100 DJs poll thing. It's a complete farce. A lot of DJs actually said if they appeared in that list they'd change their sound.

As far for the top 100 DJs list, it's a complete farce. Quite a few DJs said if they ended up on that list they'd completely change their sound to get off it again.

Is there an echo in your head? :P

How many DJ's still use vinyl? Standing clicking a mouse for a couple of hours isnae really DJing. Saw Harri & Domenic a while back working from a laptop - it's just no right a tell ye.mad.gif

A lot of DJs use Serato or the likes - a system that allows the manipulation of audio files on a computer with timecoded vinyls or CDs. A great leap forward, allows you to retain a proper hands on control style with access to a massive library of tracks rather than whatever's in your record bag as well as more accurate and creative mixing

Just realised I've made a total c**t of my list by somehow forgetting the album that would have been my #2.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU

Colin, have you started tallying up the totals yet? If not, can I submit a revised list? Apologies, I'm a pure donkey.

Just realised I've made a total c**t of my list by somehow forgetting the album that would have been my #2.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU

Colin, have you started tallying up the totals yet? If not, can I submit a revised list? Apologies, I'm a pure donkey.

I haven't started finalizing yet, will give it this week for any more submissions, so feel free to change your list in the meantime! I'm keeping a tally on a spreadsheet so changing it is easy.

I haven't started finalizing yet, will give it this week for any more submissions, so feel free to change your list in the meantime! I'm keeping a tally on a spreadsheet so changing it is easy.

Magic, thanks! Will get it to you this afternoon.