MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

It's going to be a long while before DJ gets a proper challenge. They're just going to feed him a couple of easy fights until his TUF title fight in December, which surely is another piss easy fight for him. So guess he'll be waiting for the winner of Benavidez vs Cejudo. Roll on 2017 for DJ!

MIchael Bisping is overpriced in the Rockhold fight. He was 5/1 last I checked and there's no way Rockhold is that big a favourite over him. MMA is a good sport to get value from the bookies on as they obviously spend a lot more time focusing on Man Utd games or whatever than MMA fights and he is without doubt overpriced. Rockhold is the better fighter, and should win, but I'd put Bisping as a 3/1 underdog rather than the 5/1 they're offering. He's worth a punt IMO. There was a nasty headbutt in their first fight and I would not be overly surprised to see Bisping get the business done. 

BJ Penn vs. Cole Miller is now off. "Penn pulled after disclosing improper IV usage" is the tweet I've seen.

Would love it if Bisping won the title. Could you imagine the mouth on him after that?

I'm so indifferent to the BJ Penn comeback. I like that he's with the Jackson/Winklejon camp and whatever but It's been a long time since he won a meaningful fight. Checked Wiki there and his last win was Matt Hughes in Nov. 2010. Like... other than for nostalgia, what reason is there for him coming back? What headway is he really going to make as a 37 year old in the most stacked divisions in the UFC? 

(I say this all as an absolute Fedor Emeliankeo - 39 years old - fanboy though so I can understand the hypocrisy of my statement) 

Penn saying he was unaware of a blanket 365 day IV-ban, which I was too.

Decent nostalgia to see him back, but it's not going to come to anything. Fedor on the other hand, who knows... even seeing him in the UFC against a top 10 guy and I'd be spunking all over the place.

Edited by banana

Much like the the return of Fedor it's an absolute massive meh to me. People get wrapped up far too easily in nostalgia. The sports moved on.

Edited by mrcat1990