MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Hesitant to put my shout out there after my Pettis mis-call but I can't beleve people are favouring Northcutt?!

Gall looks a pretty complete fighter imo although both are largely untested. Apparently Sage couldn't quite cut it at Tristar, which has become Mickley Gall's home. Sage was also laughably bad against Brian Barbarena despite going off as the 1/4 favourite and I was more than happy to bet against him that night.

Not to mention Gall is the bigger man?

Gall all day long for me. 

It's a hard pick and huge question marks remain over both of them. Only thing that stands out for me is Northcutt's experience and his striking power is obviously pretty impressive. Plus that "burger meat" power physique. On the ground though, Gall will sub him.

Aye... as I said I should maybe wind my neck in with my picks and that but I actually think 4/5 for Mickey Gall is a steal.

From his fights and the embedded series and just generally learning about him, the guy seems about as legit as a Brown belt gets on the ground. He teaches classes regularly and now trains at - in my opinion - the best gym, with the best trainers in the world. Somewhere, as I said, Northcutt couldn't cut it. Sage looked really bad on the deck against Barbarena and I believe his experience (how experienced can a 20 year old be?) is mostly from a Karate point-fighting background. Of which there are also questions I've heard about the legitimacy of.

All that, and Gall as I mentioned is the bigger man. Only see it going one way.

Still, I was adamant about Pettis so I could be way off again. I'm doing America for a couple of weeks over Christmas so I'm pretty skint but if I was cash rich I'd stick £100 on Gall no problem.

If Northcutt wins I'll never stand by a pick in the UFC again. 

I picked Bisping over Rockhold, for the record. I'm not against picking the underdog and I think this is a great sport for getting value in... but I think Gall is going to stop him by submission without a doubt.

Aye... as I said I should maybe wind my neck in with my picks and that but I actually think 4/5 for Mickey Gall is a steal.
From his fights and the embedded series and just generally learning about him, the guy seems about as legit as a Brown belt gets on the ground. He teaches classes regularly and now trains at - in my opinion - the best gym, with the best trainers in the world. Somewhere, as I said, Northcutt couldn't cut it. Sage looked really bad on the deck against Barbarena and I believe his experience (how experienced can a 20 year old be?) is mostly from a Karate point-fighting background. Of which there are also questions I've heard about the legitimacy of.
All that, and Gall as I mentioned is the bigger man. Only see it going one way.
Still, I was adamant about Pettis so I could be way off again. I'm doing America for a couple of weeks over Christmas so I'm pretty skint but if I was cash rich I'd stick £100 on Gall no problem.

This will be Galls 1st proper fight, he's fought nobody of UFC calibre yet so it's hard to say how good he is. Can he even get the takedown?

The tristar thing has been explained as Sage being homesick, fair enough imo. He's had training with Woodley recently so I'm assuming his takedown defence will have been worked on! Plus his standup is very decent, even his own takedowns are quite good, he does get tired quite quickly though. Hard one to pick but Sage has been in with some real Ufc calibre guys and done ok while gall has only beat utter shit guys.

I do find Sage's gym hopping a touch bizarre. He's basically been to 70% of the big camps and not stuck about. There is a benefit to travelling to other gyms to learn, but the constant shipping about makes me think something isn't quite right. Also watched a video of him sparring with a few thai fighters and his old man kept interrupting the session being a nob whenever it looked like Sage was coming off worse.