MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Fair play for calling it, Da Silva looked like dug shit though. Despite this, Bearjew done what he needed to stay in control. Brilliant use of uppercuts in the clinch, combinations setting up the takedowns and then getting the finish to top it all off.

Pickett needs to retire. Waterson wonderful as usual. My bets were fucked but still a good little watch.

The 205 division is fairly dogshit at present and I'll imagine they'll continue signing more LHW's than anyone else in an attempt to hit a few zingers and even out the quality. Right now though Craig has an opportunity to establish himself and he's passed the first test with flying colours.

Regarding his interviews, he comes across intelligent, likeable and humble. Basically everything Whiteford wasn't. Also good to see talent coming outside of Higher Level and The Grip. Scotland definitely needs more talent across the board and having guys like Craig will hopefully spur more on to take up the sport.

Aye, I definitely like the Bearjew.

Although I will say Shuggie I think you're referencing Whiteford as opposed to the Scots in UFC in general? Jojo, Stevie Ray and now Bearjew have all carried themselves pretty well I thought? Bearjew just does seem like a genuinely good guy though, I reckon I'd be a fan of his even if he wasn't Scottish. Whiteford was a bit of a c**t. And not in an endearing way... just kinda definitely seemed like a bit of a fanny.

Know we still have one more card to go this year but worth pulling these out and doing same again.

Enlund's career was somewhat stalled by Cage Warriors taking a hiatus although did win two fights on smaller promotions, including submitting a solid black belt. He really should be given a fight on the London UFC card. Was correct about Ray at least who I reckon may just about break into top ten. First bold prediction was fucking stupid and unsure what I was huffing when trotting that one out. Pretty much bang on with prediction two.
Three bold predictions for 2016.
1. Tim Kennedy will get a shot at the title.
2. McGregor will win the lightweight title within two rounds.
3. Hendricks will make weight at his next fight.

So of my three bold predictions I got two bang on and the one about Kennedy completely fucking off. Going into 2017 I'll go with the below.

1. Holloway will become unified FW champ.
2. Jon Jones will return in June and keep out of trouble following this.
3. CM Punk will fight in the UFC again.

Let's fire all the usual categories up...

Fighter of the year 2016 - Mike Bisping

Female fighter of the year 2016 - Angela Lee

European fighter of the year 2016 - Jack Marshmann

Best fight of the year 2016 - Lawler vs Condit (UFC 195)

Worst fight of the year 2016 - Kimbo vs Dada 5000 (possible worst of all time contender also) (Bellator 149)

Round of the year 2016 -  Swanson vs Choi round 2 (UFC 206)

KO of the year 2016 - Vannata vs Makdessi (UFC 206)

Submission of the year 2016 - Dern vs Stewart (omoplata/rnc combo) (Legacy FC 61)

Comeback of the year 2016 - Fedor (technically made his Rizin debut on Dec 31, 2015 but think we can count this here)...Use this as a general career comeback or come from behind fight victory, whatever.

Breakthrough fighter of 2016 - Going to give this to Brandon Moreno this year, UFC debut with a performance bonus in a superb W over Louis Smolka 

Upset of the year 2016 - Alvarez vs Dos Anjos (UFC Fight Night 90)

One to watch in 2016 pick review - Luke Sanders (UFC debut with victory over Maximo Blanco in January and hasn't fought since so I'll take a 100% record as a good pick!)

One to watch in 2017 - Have picked guys from out of the UFC the last two years in this one and been quite successful in picking guys who went on to debut and do well in the UFC, but going to change tact this year and go Francis Ngannou. Obviously he's already in the UFC so gonna predict he can make a title run or at least take a big scalp towards doing so by this time next year.

Three bold predictions for 2016 pick review..

1. Condit vs Lawler is FOTY contender (spot on, even had my pick made in Foty category above before I got down to this bit on my cut and paste so was happy to see this!)

2. Vitor Belfort wins UFC Middleweight Championship (way out, 0-2 in 2016)

3. Rory MacDonald wins UFC Welterweight Championship (way out, 0-1  and finished 2016 in Bellator!)

Three bold predictions for 2017 -

1. Khabib will lose his undefeated record

2. Jon Jones will come back and get drug busted again

3. A reigning champion will get drug busted 

Edited by Christophe