MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Dana White is a dickhead. I get the decision to give the GSP fight to Bisping instead but to so openly bury one of your champions like he did is the usual shitty attitude we've come to expect.

True and they've buried the hell out of GDR the past week as well.

What a performance from Jones, whoever had DC up 2 rounds (listening to the horrendous commentary) needs to rewatch or just give up watching fights. Went similar to the 1st fight but DC tried to steal the rounds in the last 30seconds. Jones got caught a couple times but was landing a lot more throughout the rounds. The finish was brutal, Big John showing once again how terrible he is with almost getting DC killed, was near unwatchable as JJ smashed him with those elbows.

Woodley and Maia are both horrendous to watch so was kind of expecting that, hopefully they just cut Maia(what's the point of keeping an old timer that will take out realistic prospects). Dana basically giving a big "f**k you" to Woodley with the GSP Bisping fight. Can't say I disagree. f**k Woodley.

Was hoping Evinger would last a while but not 3 fucking rounds!! Had a decent amount on cyborg to win in the 2nd (which I thought was dead after rocking her with a weak jab after 10seconds) terrible watching her just play around into the 3rd when she could've finished her any time she wanted. RAGING!
This oezdimer lad is some boy, knocks people out so easily, wouldn't mind seeing him vs Jones but think it'll be Lesnar for Jones 1st. DC should just go to HW and beat a top guy there and start a challenge for the belt, Cain is a joke healthwise. That's the only way he gets a Jones rematch. FWIW DC beats everybody bar Jones in the UFC.

Cut Damien Maia? You off your rocker? Watching him fight, particularly on this title run, is an absolute fucking joy. Last night was a rare stinker for him. Him v Silva was also utter poo but was a while ago.

Yeah that's stupid. Welterweight contenders of late have been one dimensional. Which creates boring fights when they come up against someone that easily avoids their main strength. Hopefully Lawler is up next and then Masvidal to beat Thompson to set up the wars we're used to in this division.

I'd also fancy Bisping to beat GSP anyway.

3 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

DC walking away from the official verdict in a huff was poor, I thought he was better than that.

Eh?

He didn't know what fucking planet he was on man. He gets a free pass for literally everything that happened post fight imo.

Not wanting to turn this into the book thread, however, I read Art Davie's 'Is This Legal?' at the weekend. Really good if you get a chance to read it. I'd always wondered how the UFC came about, and this tells all that and more.

I got a loan of a VHS tape in about 1995/6 marked 'Bushido', but it was actually UFCs 1 & 2. The book tells the chaotic birth and even more chaotic story of the night of that first event itself.

I'd give it a solid Richard n Judy's Book of the Week.

17 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

On paper about as bad as the Glasgow card.
Rashad Evans hardly threw at all, probably time to hang up the gloves now.

My pal said Price is a big prospect against Jouban but I don't really have any interest in seeing what happens.

Fucking lot of early finishes though eh?

My pal said Price is a big prospect against Jouban but I don't really have any interest in seeing what happens.
Fucking lot of early finishes though eh?

Yes I genuinely thought the last guy got killed with that knee.
I've got Jouban to win but won't be surprised if it goes the other way.

• 2 weeks later...