MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

As much as i respect Rogans opinions, he is hardly going to speak ill of his employer if he thinks the deal is utter shit, nor can you really blame him.

Quite. Would be funny to hear him try and defend it though, which he will. He should just blank it. He's a moron a lot of the time though, so he'll probably yap for ages and make a fool of himself.

Not sure if any of you listen to his podcast but I've started to pick up on a couple of comments over the last few months that suggest Rogan isn't as dyed-in-the-wool as one might think. He's mentioned numerous times that the "Fight Companion" podcasts presented with Brendan Schaub are more enjoyable than commentating at events and has been quite vocal in his assertion that if the UFC made him censor or limit his podcasting that he'd quit on the spot.

Admittedly, I don't expect him to explicitly speak out against the Reebok deal but I don't think he's quite as biased as he perhaps once was.

Quite. Would be funny to hear him try and defend it though, which he will. He should just blank it. He's a moron a lot of the time though, so he'll probably yap for ages and make a fool of himself.

I think calling him a moron is a tad harsh. Been digging his podcasts lately and they're pretty entertaining. Rogan himself seems pretty well adjusted and reasoned, not a spectacular genius by any stretch, but intelligent enough.

Weird deal. How does it benefit the sport, the UFC, the participants and the viewers?

Rose was excellent, she could easily go on to win this. The chick she's facing in her next bout is hard as nails, though.

As someone who doesn't watch wrestling or really know who CM Punk is, I struggle to truly care about this news. I'd think there would be far more exciting MMA fighters out there who deserve a contract first, but it's a business move. Thick redneck wrestling fans and thick redneck MMA fans in the US seem pretty interchangeable sometimes.

I absolutely hate Faber and him being an eye poking dickhead gives me more reason to dislike the smug shite, as accidental as it was. Should've been a no contest imho and I hope Rivera wins an appeal.

Pettis is an absolute king. Definitely lost the first round but took his chance exceptionally well.

Main event was decent but I'm unsure if was right result. Couldn't call 1st but at time had 2,3 and 4 to Hendricks with last to Lawler. Need to rewatch that fourth again as at that point was cruising badly on pro plus and lucozade.

Not quite the entertainment level of last weekend's cracker, but decent nonetheless.

One of the strangest 5 round title fights ever. I had Lawler probably sneaking the 1st then bizarrely looking leaden/gassed for the 2nd and 3rd which were clear Hendricks rounds without being 10-8s. Lawler again probably sneaking the 4th and easily taking the 5th. Really unconvincing though, that tactic of pressing forward and throwing not very much, countering with not very much for much of the fight. He also looked full of self-doubt. Hendricks also unconvincing, looking unfocussed, distracted even, with few of his trademark haymakers instead opting for the safety of the one-two then leg kick combo and the fence, where he was largely outscored. The 49-46 scorecard is a mystery, though.

Melendez a bit too frantic and chasey, Pettis impressively calm under pressure.

As someone who doesn't watch wrestling or really know who CM Punk is, I struggle to truly care about this news. I'd think there would be far more exciting MMA fighters out there who deserve a contract first, but it's a business move.

Also zero fcuks given, a clear business move. Is this guy of the same fame as Lesnar was?

Also zero fcuks given, a clear business move. Is this guy of the same fame as Lesnar was?

Er............he kind of is and kind of isn't. In terms of his WWE career he was huge (not physically) and helped sell a lot of tickets and PPVs. However, and I'm sure some guys who follow both "sports" will correct me here, Lesnar has that natural physical size, strength and look that make him stand out. Not sure if Punk has that stand out feature and as a result not sure if he will have a big impact.

In saying that, I would guess the first UFC show that Punk is on will sell far more PPV buys than a normal event. Punk has a kind of cult status and following and a lot of people, including me, will watch his first fight when they normally wouldn't really bother with UFC.

Oh, this is magnificent...

As someone who doesn't watch wrestling or really know who CM Punk is, I struggle to truly care about this news. I'd think there would be far more exciting MMA fighters out there who deserve a contract first, but it's a business move. Thick redneck wrestling fans and thick redneck MMA fans in the US seem pretty interchangeable sometimes.

:lol:

Sometimes if you don't get it, it's best to shut the f**k up.

Oh, this is magnificent...

:lol:

Sometimes if you don't get it, it's best to shut the f**k up.

What is it I don't get? He's a fella looking for a new challenge and he is potentially a big cash cow for the UFC. He has a 0 record in MMA so I feel there are other fighters out there I'd rather see get a contract first, however I see why the deal is going ahead.