House of Cards

crisp_packet

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else think the zoe barnes killing was really badly done? It was as if they decided the actress wanted too much money for season 2 so they wrote her out at the last minute.

She went from being completely against FU and working on a story to destroy him to turning up at a location, agreeing to become his bitch again and deleting any proof they'd ever had contact for no apparent reason.

It just seemed really badly done compared to the rest of the show to me.

Did anyone else think the zoe barnes killing was really badly done? It was as if they decided the actress wanted too much money for season 2 so they wrote her out at the last minute.

She went from being completely against FU and working on a story to destroy him to turning up at a location, agreeing to become his bitch again and deleting any proof they'd ever had contact for no apparent reason.

It just seemed really badly done compared to the rest of the show to me.

I thought they should have done it at the end of season 1, rather like the UK version.

• 1 month later...

I've always planned to get around to watching the UK one but I'm less bothered after reading this rather spoilerific thread, I really enjoyed the first two seasons of the US one Spacey is fantastic as always.

Please do watch the UK version. Ian Richardson is just captivating.

Ian-Richardson-as-Frances-Urquhart.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just saw that netflix have confirmed there will be a season 3 as well

4 seasons would mean 52 episodes which would be fitting.

Season 3 predictions?

-Frank will mend relationships with the Chinese (by simply not being Walker) and as a result gain popularity

-Members of his own party will not be happy in the way he has risen to the position so will attempt to fight him

-As he is battling with his own party Doug's death will distract him as he desperately flounders to work out what's going on

-Rachel will meet hacker and he will force her into blackmailing Frank (could she gain access to Christina)

-As the primary season approaches there will be more shady goings on with money and a new rival will emerge (possibly a new character)

-Walker will be in a position where he asks Frank's help. He will not be found guilty of any crime but his image is permanently destroyed. Frank will not come to his rescue.

-People will die and Frank will appear to have consolidated power before the end of the season

Season four will maybe show an even bigger power grab (like martial law or constitutional change)

• 1 month later...

The wife and I have just finished the two seasons back on Netflix. Absolutely love this show.

Spacey as mentioned is awesome but credit must go to Robin Wright who plays Claire Underwood to perfection I think.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been marathoning season 3 with my other half. Love this show - we've been hanging for the end of Feb for months! The only problem with uploading the entire season at once is you have to wait a full 12 months for the next season.

I was interested at the nod to the current paedo scandal that's coming out now in the UK version of this. Wonder if the author or writer knew what was going on (allegedly) back even then.

Was disappointed with the first ep of the third series, far too much focus on stamper, a character I don't like. Fair enough give him some vulnerability and complexity, but I still dislike him as a character. There's elements of this program I'm not too keen on, but some of its really good. I'll stick with it and hope it improves from the first ep.

just thought id blitz season 2 again to get it fresh in the memory for watching season 3, and something i kinda noticed in the last episode of season two when claire breaks down on her stairs and cries

Its reminds me of macbeth, how she right at the start told frank to focus and go for the power when he was fucked over, she always stood by him and acted like the actual head of the household, then when it all comes to a head she starts losing it

Archived