NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

If no one wanted him, I would take him back for 3rd and 1 situations. We definitely need to draft someone that can be elusive and catch the ball though. Ellington (Clemson), Gillislee (Florida) and Franklin (UCLA) are all later round players that I like to fill that role and share the load with Bilal Powell.

Isn't there some dude from Alabama supposed to be decent for the draft

Isn't there some dude from Alabama supposed to be decent for the draft

Yeah. He is more of an Adrian Peterson type back - I'm not saying he's as good as AP. He's likely to go in late Round 1/early Round 2 and won't be available when we pick at 41.

Matt Barkley not throwing at the Combine. Reportedly not medically cleared.

Yeah. He is more of an Adrian Peterson type back - I'm not saying he's as good as AP. He's likely to go in late Round 1/early Round 2 and won't be available when we pick at 41.

If he plummets, then that'll probably do him good, get him a chip on his shoulder. Then his talent should shine with significantly less hype

If he plummets, then that'll probably do him good, get him a chip on his shoulder. Then his talent should shine with significantly less hype

There's no doubt he can run over men and create big plays. My concern is that he played behind the best O Line in College Football (seriously, all 5 will be starters in the NFL) and already had 4 yards before contact at times.

EDIT: Wait, are we talking Lacy or Barkley?

Edited by GingerSaint

Who do the jets take at 9 then?

Is that too much to spend on him?

Who do the jets take at 9 then?

Is that too much to spend on him?

Yeah, that's too high for me. We need to go OLB to get pressure on the QB. Dion Jordan (Oregon) is 6'7" and versatile. He can rush, cover and man up against the TE. I like him a lot and he will help Rex Ryan's scheme with his ability to do anything.

Edited by GingerSaint