Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not to bothered. We'd just have to give Fritz another bloody nose. Those sausage munchers will never learn.

It's not official, although its hard to tell these days with all the shit they come out with!

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If by "Gibsons Law" you mean the nationalists are hoping to create abit of a hooha with eg Andy Murray draped around the Scottish flag,arm in arm with Salmond shortly after taking the Wimbledon final then yeh,i can of course see the sense,it will probably only help the cause.

The hint of desperation about wanting to play this Gibsons Law tactic (if I've understood you) through a chap trying to achieve his lifes sporting ambition is not really the highest display of class though,is it.

Nope, try again.

I don't know if there is enough people in Scotland to win 50 plus 1, but Ladbrokes offering 5/6 on over 35% of the vote looks like an absolute steal!

I think that's a very decent bet (other than your money being tied up for over a year). Yes will be absolutely smashed, as we know, but they should still get over 35%.

Tell you what though, I would love Murray to win Wimbledon, and when interviewed about how it feels to be the first British Winner since Fred Perry, he should just reply "aye, for now..."

What makes you think Andy Murray is pro-Independence?

One thing is for sure, he won't be living in Scotland again for the foreseeable future. He's a Londoner now.

What makes you think Andy Murray is pro-Independence?

One thing is for sure, he won't be living in Scotland again for the foreseeable future. He's a Londoner now.

Did I at any point say he was? Plus, he also lives in Miami. Is he an American too?

Did I at any point say he was? Plus, he also lives in Miami. Is he an American too?

He doesn't live in Miami. He lives in London. Well, just outside London. In the same way that I don't live in Stockholm, despite having spent a week there this year.

Don't know about Andy's politics, but theres been a few of his family in the Dunblane branch over the years. I don't think any are in just now for very obvious reasons.

He will be living in Switzerland soon enough I reckon.

I don't think he will actually. He's made it pretty clear that he loves living in London and his girlfriend and her family are all based quite locally. I don't think he'll do a Lewis.

I have no idea of his politics either, but what's certain is that he won't be moving back to Scotland.

He doesn't live in Miami. He lives in London. Well, just outside London. In the same way that I don't live in Stockholm, despite having spent a week there this year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/21899917

"He doesn't have to go very far: just a few steps to the balcony of his penthouse apartment in a block which also includes neighbours like fellow tennis player Juan Martin Del Potro and Formula 1 driver Pablo Montoya.

Situated on the water's edge in the Brickell area, with views across Miami and out to the Atlantic, a good pair of binoculars is all Murray needs to catch a glimpse of the bottlenose dolphins or manatees, which swim into the Biscayne Bay.

It's a far cry from Dunblane, but more than five years have passed since the Scot established a home from home in South Florida.

"I spend more time here than I did a few years ago, probably about three-and-a-half months of the year," Murray told BBC Scotland."

Still, why does living in london equal being a supporter of the union? Is this another of your baseless claims?

His politics are irrelevant to me, he doesn't have a vote, I'm also a wee bit uncomfortable of both sides using 'celebs' to endorse their position, unless they get 'involved' that is.

Either stay out of it all and remain 'neutral', or get involved but be prepared for the pot shots.

it was like Chris Hoy the other week putting his tuppence worth in. That's fine for him to do that, what I disagreed with was when he was challenged on it, folk went 'you can't do that' and the old cybernat abuse came out. Now know that there's nutters on both sides, God knows I've had abuse on twitter but that's all part of the game, you express an opinion, you expect to have it challenged, you respond and argue the case.

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/21899917

"He doesn't have to go very far: just a few steps to the balcony of his penthouse apartment in a block which also includes neighbours like fellow tennis player Juan Martin Del Potro and Formula 1 driver Pablo Montoya.

Situated on the water's edge in the Brickell area, with views across Miami and out to the Atlantic, a good pair of binoculars is all Murray needs to catch a glimpse of the bottlenose dolphins or manatees, which swim into the Biscayne Bay.

It's a far cry from Dunblane, but more than five years have passed since the Scot established a home from home in South Florida.

"I spend more time here than I did a few years ago, probably about three-and-a-half months of the year," Murray told BBC Scotland."

Still, why does living in london equal being a supporter of the union? Is this another of your baseless claims?

I own a flat in Crete. I don't live in Crete. I live in Stirling. Andy Murray lives in London.

Where have I said Andy Murray is a supporter of the Union? Is this another of your baseless claims.

Andy Murray doesn't own a hotel just outside Dunblane. That's just a separatist myth. He lived in Spain for a while and didn't bother to learn the language. That's the behaviour of a unionist.

I'm sure you will be along soon to explain the relevance of this bizarre non-sequitur.

I own a flat in Crete. I don't live in Crete. I live in Stirling. Andy Murray lives in London.

Where have I said Andy Murray is a supporter of the Union? Is this another of your baseless claims.

How much time do you spend in Crete per year? How much time are you allowed to spend there before you are classed as "living" there? Also, as a ratio, how would you compare his days spent in London to days spent in Miami?

So okay, so you would say that you don't know if Andy Murray is a Unionist? Am I right there?

I'm sure you will be along soon to explain the relevance of this bizarre non-sequitur.

:lol:

Brass neck again. I note you STILL haven't responded to Swampy's question about what the point of that Europe quote was. Or are we still pretending it never happened?

Incidentally, Sean Connery doesn't appear to live in Scotland these days (this fact may have been mentioned by Unionists), and yet he appears to support independence. How can this be? Can anyone explain exactly what point HB was trying to make about Andy Murray living in London? It seems even more irrelevant than his usual interventions.

How much time do you spend in Crete per year? How much time are you allowed to spend there before you are classed as "living" there? Also, as a ratio, how would you compare his days spent in London to days spent in Miami?

So okay, so you would say that you don't know if Andy Murray is a Unionist? Am I right there?

1) Depends on how expensive flights are at different points in the year. 4 weeks in a calendar year is the longest time I have spent in Crete. I am not domiciled in Crete. I am domiciled in the UK. My home is here. For the moment. As is Andy Murray's.

I am not his secretary, so I have no idea how many days he spends in various locations. His home is in London though.

"I love playing in front of the home crowd. I want to draw upon the incredible atmosphere I experienced at the Olympics.

That bubble of a positive atmosphere brought out the best in athletes. And of course it's nice to come home every night and sleep in my own bed, and have friends and family around."

Must be a hell of a commute from Miami every day.

2) That is correct. Which is why I have never said he is a Unionist. Thanks for withdrawing that ludicrous assertion.

2) That is correct. Which is why I have never said he is a Unionist. Thanks for withdrawing that ludicrous assertion.

So why did you feel that mentioning that he lived in London was relevant?

:lol:

Brass neck again. I note you STILL haven't responded to Swampy's question about what the point of that Europe quote was. Or are we still pretending it never happened?

I'm not sure why I have to explain the point of the quote. It's embarrassingly obvious.

If we are assuming the quote is real and came from an actual minister, then some people feel it's in the interests of those who do not wish Scotland to secede (i.e. the UK government) to talk up the chances of difficulties down the line with for example EU membership. I don't agree that this is necessary, but I understand the tactics.

By the same token, the reason Nicola Sturgeon lied to people in 2006 about inheriting the UK's opt outs and automatic EU membership, is because it's in the SNP's interests to talk down any potential difficulties for Scotland down the line.

Both sides are at it.

If we are assuming the quote is invented by the journalist, then it creates a good angle for a story.

Archived