Assassins creed 4

mizfit

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumors say you will be playing as Connors Grandfather, a pirate. Considering how amazing the naval battles are in AC3 and how cool the concept of a Pirate assassin is, that alone justifies this game in my opinion. Considering the potential in naval battle/pirate sandbox games I'm amazed there are only a handful of good ones and no amazing ones.

Pirates and Cutthroats are the only notable ones I know of. Monkey Island gets a honourable mention of course.

If they build a game around those naval battles in AC3 it will be a classic

Set before 3 it looks like

Yeah, you play as Connor's grandfather.

After the huge disappointment that was 3 I wasn't sure if I'd even bother with the next one, but this looks like a step back in the right direction. The naval missions were by far the best thing about 3 so more of that is great, and apparently it'll be open world with the sea too so you can just sail around and f**k about if you like which should be tremendous.

If they stuff you do on land is focused on, you know, assassinating people rather than fucking about with battles and some little house on the prairie shite that'd be great too, thanks. Cuba and Jamaica are two rumoured locations, hopefully get to move between plenty of islands.

Edit: As an aside the graphics there are outstanding, PS4/Xbox 720 quality do we think?

And another edit, bit of information on the modern day storyline, probably not news to those who've completed 3 but spoilered just in case:

No Desmond. Instead it'll be an Abstergo employee in the animus, don't know if it's his ancestor too through him being a distant cousion of Desmond or something, or if Abstergo can hack into anyone's ancestral memories now as was touched on with the re-entry to playing as Connor at the end of 3. Would be an interesting twist if Abstergo were the 'good' guys in the modern day story now, collecting pieces of Eden to fight against Juno. They always said they were doing what was necessary for our own good...

AC3 played really well, as in the controls were smooth and it all looked brilliant but it was so bloody boring. It's a pity they have to cater to an American audience as I thought an Assassin's Creed set in the French Revolution would have been far better. The scope for incorporating that decade of history - the storming of the Bastille, The Terror, Napoleon, the wars in Spain, San Domingo and all the other chaos would have been a perfect setting for the power struggle between the Assassin's and the Templars. A boy can but dream.

I enjoyed the last one, but in the end I didn't want to go back to play it again, same with revelations, both II and brotherhood never came out my console until it was completed within an inch of its life.<br /><br />Rumour that its set in the West Indies, America, & London. So it has potential to be massive

AC3 is still sitting on my desktop with little more than 3 or 4 hours play. Just can't be arsed to play it really, never grasped me though it's a spectacular looking game. I won't be bothering with 4.

AC3 played really well, as in the controls were smooth and it all looked brilliant but it was so bloody boring. It's a pity they have to cater to an American audience as I thought an Assassin's Creed set in the French Revolution would have been far better. The scope for incorporating that decade of history - the storming of the Bastille, The Terror, Napoleon, the wars in Spain, San Domingo and all the other chaos would have been a perfect setting for the power struggle between the Assassin's and the Templars. A boy can but dream.

While I agree that would have the makings of a tremendous game, they were probably worried having it in France would be too similar to Italy. It probably did need moved out of Europe to keep it fresh, although I'd still love to see games in the French and Russians Revolutions and Victorian London.

I disagree that it played well, it was one the glitchiest games I've ever encountered. For something that had been in development for three years it was piss poor. After that I won't be rushing out to buy 4 as soon as it's released, I'll be waiting a few weeks to see if it's needed to be patched.

I enjoyed the last one, but in the end I didn't want to go back to play it again, same with revelations, both II and brotherhood never came out my console until it was completed within an inch of its life.<br /><br />Rumour that its set in the West Indies, America, & London. So it has potential to be massive

Confirmed now that Havana, Kingston and Nassau are the main cities, but with total free-roaming of the seas and more than 50 islands dotted about to explore.

Yeah, it had no replay value. Unlike the others which were all a joy to play that I was happy to go back and play through again it just felt like a chore to get through by the end of it and I don't see myself ever playing through it again. I replayed the naval missions two days ago after hearing about the plans for 4, but apart from them it was just tedious.

Sounds good, better than the hints they dropped that that they would be exploring the first civilisation (comment was made by Shaun in a Desmond sequence) the lack of Desmond actually could be quite interesting <br /><br />

in the books the shroud of Turin is revealed to be a price of Eden, and the 12 decisples used this with Jesus before he used an apple to flee, it could be possible that an out of the animus sequence could be the revival of Desmond, although I don't know how it could work

• 7 months later...

Anyone else buy this today? I'm only about an hour or so in, but I've enjoyed what I've played so far. Thankfully the proper action kicks in a lot sooner than it did in AC 3!

My main concern is that the whole pirate thing will get tiresome quickly. It's just not a historical era that interests me, especially compared to Renaissance Italy and the American Revolution. The new Abstergo sections seem far better done than the Desmond ones.

This looks like it could be as good as 2 (my favorite). The last one was a bit boring,and the combat mode was all over the place. If they could do this one with the same modes that were used in Sleeping Dogs and Batman,then it'll be a winner.

I've had it since launch. I'm only on sequence 3, but it seems to be a better game than AC 3 so far. Edward is a much more likeable character than Connor and you get to roam around the cities much sooner than you did in AC 3. There is a lot more naval stuff than AC 3.

If you enjoyed the AC 2 series of games, then I would definitely reccomend this game, but I am a total AC fanboy, so you might want the opinion of someone a bit more neutral!

I was also a fanboy prior to 3 so that suits me fine! Have you encountered any glitches at all? Aside from the general tedium I found glitches to be the biggest problem with 3 so if they've sorted that I'll be delighted.

Archived