Battlefield 4

Mr Hahn

I agree with Noshar Canals, loved that map and conquest could have been much bigger using runway like in rush.

I liked Metro and Caspian Border. Kharg island had potential with attack boats but there you go.

To be fair there weren't many BF3 maps I disliked.

I liked them all except all the ones from Armoured Kill. I fucking hated that dlc. Some loved it but even on 64 player games I couldn't get myself to enjoy it.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked them all except all the ones from Armoured Kill. I fucking hated that dlc. Some loved it but even on 64 player games I couldn't get myself to enjoy it.

Actually yeah I'll revise that. I thought most of the DLC ones were weak. Close Quarters and Armoured Kill were dull.

Can you get range finders for DMRs? I had a look at the accessories you can unlock for them and it wasn't there but I thought maybe you can only get them in battlepacks?

Not sure it'd be worth it. At long range DMRs are 4 shot kills so I don't think they're particularly great for long range shots. Dice is looking to balance them from what I hear though.

Not sure it'd be worth it. At long range DMRs are 4 shot kills so I don't think they're particularly great for long range shots. Dice is looking to balance them from what I hear though.

The released a whole lot of tweeks yesterday in a blog. Can't remember them- will find a link later.

Anyone played air superiority in this- it's terrible! Just too difficult to kill anyone! Last map I played best score was 3 kills and most players were on 0 or 1 kill despite 24 planes flying about. I think my best round was 2 kills! So dull and crap.

• 3 weeks later...

How are people enjoying "player appreciation month"?

Got plenty of stuff in battlepacks anyway and I've got xp boosts coming out my ears.

I am enjoying the game quite a lot more at this point than I was. There was a point when I felt every time I was dying it was in one shot and I just didn't have a chance. I don't think it's perfect by any means but it's a hell of a lot better than how it was.

Second Assault just dropped on PC yesterday and my initial impressions are pretty good.

Firestorm is awesome and I really like the changes they've made to Metro. Oman is barely different but still a decent map even if I'd rather they done a different BF3 map.

Caspian Border is one of my favourite maps in a multiplayer shooter ever so I have to say I didn't want it changed too much and I can't say I'm overly impressed with the changes they've made. Only played the map once right enough though so will give it a few more games before forming an opinion. It seems to me it was the best of the 4 maps in BF3 but has undergone the most changes for BF4 which is a bit weird to me.

Second Assault just dropped on PC yesterday and my initial impressions are pretty good.

Firestorm is awesome and I really like the changes they've made to Metro. Oman is barely different but still a decent map even if I'd rather they done a different BF3 map.

Caspian Border is one of my favourite maps in a multiplayer shooter ever so I have to say I didn't want it changed too much and I can't say I'm overly impressed with the changes they've made. Only played the map once right enough though so will give it a few more games before forming an opinion. It seems to me it was the best of the 4 maps in BF3 but has undergone the most changes for BF4 which is a bit weird to me.

Gulf of Oman is completely shite if you are on the boat. It's too far away (650m) from the A and B objectives compared to the other side and by the time you get the LAVs through the sea to A the other team, if they are any way competent, have taken A and B and have their tanks lined up on the beach. So easy if you are land side to over run the opposition. Like the sandstorm in it though.

Need to give the other maps more time but the initial impressions are good- don't see much change to firestorm though, just some graphical odds and ends?

• 3 weeks later...

Can't say I've had any crashes but this patch is far from perfect. I've had some of the weirdest kill cams ever. All of a sudden an explosion will kill me out of nowhere, the kill cam will say it's a tank but the orange silhouette is an infantry soldier running away with a tank nowhere near him.

I also feel like I'm back to being one shot killed a lot again. At the game's launch I found this almost intolerable but then it got noticeably better. Seems like it's regressed again.

Can't say I've had any crashes but this patch is far from perfect. I've had some of the weirdest kill cams ever. All of a sudden an explosion will kill me out of nowhere, the kill cam will say it's a tank but the orange silhouette is an infantry soldier running away with a tank nowhere near him.

I also feel like I'm back to being one shot killed a lot again. At the game's launch I found this almost intolerable but then it got noticeably better. Seems like it's regressed again.

I was in a tank in dawnbreaker taking the D objective and parked up on it. It got hit by an RPG, I fired at the guy, I got hit again from him. My tank then starts barrel rolling and I get a suicide from trying to escape it!

It's a pity the game has some weird glitches in it!

I was in a tank in dawnbreaker taking the D objective and parked up on it. It got hit by an RPG, I fired at the guy, I got hit again from him. My tank then starts barrel rolling and I get a suicide from trying to escape it!

It's a pity the game has some weird glitches in it!

TBF though if that was real life you would probably get killed trying to get out of a rolling tank! :P

Archived