The Gretna dream team Wadsworth & Irons show up at Celtic Nation

NE63 exile

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weirdly read this thread yesterday and then just went past their ground on the train.

Naturally I roundly booed them and shouted petty, ill-informed sectarian slurs as we went past, much to the chagrin of my Catholic, Celtic-supporting girlfriend and the other people in the designated quiet carriage.

Spenny have stepped up a division so Septic Nation should have a good chance, although Shildon are a very competent side and will challenge them all the way.

Should be interesting next season because some of the Spennymoor lads who don't fancy the travelling in the EvoStick have signed for Shildon.

Looks a two horse race for next season.

There is supposedly a 'big announcement' from their chairman next week, as Celtic Nation face a mass exodus.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/celtic-nation/celtic-nation-facing-mass-exodus-of-players-1.1139586

Players have privately admitted to The Cumberland News that they are still in the dark about the direction of the club for next season.

Down, I expect.

I hope I'm wrong but I could only ever see this ending up like another Gretna or Colne Dynamoes.

It was always going to end badly English non-league football is littered with clubs who have been sugar daddies play things. At least at Colne and Gretna 'the dream' lasted for a few seasons this one seems to be ending much quicker.

When will people learn that the only time pumping tonnes of cash into diddy wee clubs and trying to turn them into success stories actually works is whilst playing Football Manager on your PC.

Archived