Call of Duty: Ghosts

Paul Marnie

After a couple of weeks persevering with this , I think I can call it as probably the worst game of the franchise.

The spawn system on the ps3 seems to send you into the midst of a group of enemies every 2nd time. Struggle to stay alive for 4 to 5 seconds at times. The maps are poor too. Either massive or shotgun maps.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a couple of weeks persevering with this , I think I can call it as probably the worst game of the franchise.

The spawn system on the ps3 seems to send you into the midst of a group of enemies every 2nd time. Struggle to stay alive for 4 to 5 seconds at times. The maps are poor too. Either massive or shotgun maps.

Spawn problems are not something iv seen on the Xbox One but could it be game type specific? Or is it happening across multiple types? Might be worth posting on their forum. If enough do they may modify it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw a video about the new DLC for this. On one of the maps you can complete a field order that turns you into Michael Myers from Halloween. You get an axe and the Halloween theme plays while you run about the map.

:huh:

To be fair, they're not going to make any kind of dent in BF4 if they go down the serious route, so they may as well just drift off into farce.

Also, did Myers ever use an axe?

This has to be one of the worst games I've ever played. You're grey, the maps are grey and the opposition are grey. If it wasn't for the fact I'd get moaned at for buying the dearer PS4 package so this was included, it would be getting traded in for BF4

This has to be one of the worst games I've ever played. You're grey, the maps are grey and the opposition are grey. If it wasn't for the fact I'd get moaned at for buying the dearer PS4 package so this was included, it would be getting traded in for BF4

So you managed to miss all the TV adverts, magazines and reviews before you bought it?

So you managed to miss all the TV adverts, magazines and reviews before you bought it?

Fancied it rather than BF4 as I had switched from the 360, always found BF3 on the 360 was best played in a party and COD is usually fine to pick up and play alone. Switching console ment I don't have anyone on my friends list yet so COD seemed more suitable for this reason. I'll probably just take the moaning from the misses and trade it though.

Fancied it rather than BF4 as I had switched from the 360, always found BF3 on the 360 was best played in a party and COD is usually fine to pick up and play alone. Switching console ment I don't have anyone on my friends list yet so COD seemed more suitable for this reason. I'll probably just take the moaning from the misses and trade it though.

Fair enough. But tell her you still got a good deal in getting them together and it'll cost you very little to switch.

• 2 weeks later...

Only three pages in this thread since it started? Each game is getting less and less popular.

I started playing this on the PS4 and I am level nine after a few hours of play. I find I am getting picked off by snipers using infared scopes all the time. As I do not know the maps I seem to just walk into another and another and another and another. I see that the perk that stops showing you up in infared scopes is unlocked at level 40. But I really have no wish to play that long just to stop being picked off by snipers.

It is very bad planning to have so many snipers dens next to spawn points. Anyone have any ideas or setups which can counteract that to a certain extent or do I just have to wait until I unlock level 40. Battlefield isn't an option as I can't really justify buying another war game.

Only three pages in this thread since it started? Each game is getting less and less popular.

I started playing this on the PS4 and I am level nine after a few hours of play. I find I am getting picked off by snipers using infared scopes all the time. As I do not know the maps I seem to just walk into another and another and another and another. I see that the perk that stops showing you up in infared scopes is unlocked at level 40. But I really have no wish to play that long just to stop being picked off by snipers.

It is very bad planning to have so many snipers dens next to spawn points. Anyone have any ideas or setups which can counteract that to a certain extent or do I just have to wait until I unlock level 40. Battlefield isn't an option as I can't really justify buying another war game.

You can unlock the perk prior to the level 40 but you need to use your squad points...

You can unlock the perk prior to the level 40 but you need to use your squad points...

Haha I didn't even notice that cheers.

I am getting killed rather easily in this due to the sheer size of maps and not knowing my way around them. There seems to be more campers in this game than any other I have played. I keep running past people just waiting with their infared scopes.

The matchmaking is poor. I keep getting matched with people who have prestiged and there is very little players with limited game experience at all. I assume that is they get sick of being splattered all the time. I don't mind the game at all, but think the franchise has finally run its course with me. The fact that there is only three pages (my post takes it to four) on this game suggests to me that plenty of others have already felt this way about this game.

The matchmaking is poor. I keep getting matched with people who have prestiged and there is very little players with limited game experience at all. I assume that is they get sick of being splattered all the time. I don't mind the game at all, but think the franchise has finally run its course with me. The fact that there is only three pages (my post takes it to four) on this game suggests to me that plenty of others have already felt this way about this game.

I think that is a problem with a lot of FPS though, especially Battlefield. I like playing it casually, hopping on every so often for an hour. I get absolutely brutalised by most, because they spend a lot more time on getting good at the game. Especially the ones who are supernaturally good.

I think that is a problem with a lot of FPS though, especially Battlefield. I like playing it casually, hopping on every so often for an hour. I get absolutely brutalised by most, because they spend a lot more time on getting good at the game. Especially the ones who are supernaturally good.

I only have two games for the PS4 so I have persevered with it. But I can tell just by who is the opposition if I am going to get slaughtered. If I had it on the PS3 I wouldn't bother with it at all. I can't see why they can't make a lobby for limited experience players. I have played online for around seven hours to eight hours total and there are some maps I have only done once. However it seems I am doing Stonehaven every second time.

I only have two games for the PS4 so I have persevered with it. But I can tell just by who is the opposition if I am going to get slaughtered. If I had it on the PS3 I wouldn't bother with it at all. I can't see why they can't make a lobby for limited experience players. I have played online for around seven hours to eight hours total and there are some maps I have only done once. However it seems I am doing Stonehaven every second time.

People won't get better unless they play against better players imo.

Archived