Steam sales / general PC gaming chat

I'm a few hours into Skyrim and I'm still not sure why the f**k I'm supposed to care about these missions c***s keep sending me on. Feels like my character has nothing personal invested in what's going on, I'm just a water carrier. Still only level fcucking 2 n'all, when's the scrapping going to kick in?

I'm a few hours into Skyrim and I'm still not sure why the f**k I'm supposed to care about these missions c***s keep sending me on. Feels like my character has nothing personal invested in what's going on, I'm just a water carrier. Still only level fcucking 2 n'all, when's the scrapping going to kick in?

Pretty much why I prefer the stories in Fable. Skyrim doesnt really have a story as such, its basically go and kill dragons because you are supposed to and then you kind of see why at the end but its not actually anything interesting. The vampire vs werewolfs dlc was a pretty good arc I suppose but it really needs more direction

What I like about Skyrim is its lack of direction, you make your character, you play based on how you want to play, go where you want to go and do whatever you please. Once you have played a game like that, games line fable feel far too linear and contained

Not really. Many games need a linear structure or they just wouldn't work. Both the Witcher and the Witcher 2 were technically free to roam but only to an extent, there was always a structure and a direction you were pointed in and it kept the pace of the game very good.

Just bought a new Graphics card, since building my new rig I've been running my old Geforce 630 gt on it, not an awful card in any respects it's allowed me to play nearly everything I've wanted to, but it's definitely my machines weak spot. I've upgraded to a Sapphire Dual-X Radeon R9 270X OC 2GB GDDR5. Not the best brand out there and I could definitely get better but for only £123 delivered before this weekend it's a massive upgrade compared to my existing hardware without shelling out a fortune. Anything more powerful at this point would be a waste, I'm only using a single monitor.

I loved Fable III, no where near as good as Skyrim though, both inrcedible games.

What I like about Skyrim is its lack of direction, you make your character, you play based on how you want to play, go where you want to go and do whatever you please. Once you have played a game like that, games line fable feel far too linear and contained

My point was that Fable games have better stories, not that they are better games, Skyrim is clearly superior gameplay-wise. I'm sure we can agree though that Fallout shits all over both of them...when it works...

My point was that Fable games have better stories, not that they are better games, Skyrim is clearly superior gameplay-wise. I'm sure we can agree though that Fallout shits all over both of them...when it works...

I don't know why, but I've never liked Fallout, despite loving Skyrim, may need to give it another try soon.

I don't know why, but I've never liked Fallout, despite loving Skyrim, may need to give it another try soon.

Did you play 3 or NV? I didnt like it until I played NV then went back and loved 3 as well

NV, got it in last year's Steam sale but couldn't get into it at all.

Both of them are completely different, I preferred NV because it's a bit slower paced combat with a lot of sniping, 3 is more close quarters combat focussed. Both stories are really good though

Edited by Stewbo

Both of them are completely different, I preferred NV because it's a bit slower paced combat with a lot of sniping, 3 is more close quarters combat focussed. Both stories are really good though

Overall I think fallout 3 is the superior game, while the game play certainly isn't as refined as NV, it has a better plot, vastly superior map/layout and more interesting side quests. Edited by EdgarusQPFC

• 2 months later...