Fauldhouse United - ins, outs, shake it all abouts (merged)

housefan

Dalkeith, who were unlucky to have dropped 2 points at Fauldhouse.

I'm not anti-Fauldhouse as my son plays for them, I am being realistic based on what I have seen of late.

Only watched Dalkeith once this season.Half as many times as I've seen Fauldhouse if im honest but having seen the majority of the rest at some point cannot see The Hoose finishing outwith the top two. If it hadn't been for bad discipline they may have been out if sight by now. Dalkeith as I suggested a few weeks ago should finish third though.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have seen the performances lately and they could easily get pulled back to the pack.

Correct. I am going to go into it in more detail on the HOOSE THREAD this afternoon. The people who say we can't are just looking at the league table and haven't seen the Hot and Cold performances of late. As I mentioned last week, Davie needs to get the whip out as we are tiring.

Correct. I am going to go into it in more detail on the HOOSE THREAD this afternoon. The people who say we can't are just looking at the league table and haven't seen the Hot and Cold performances of late. As I mentioned last week, Davie needs to get the whip out as we are tiring.

bollocks.

Despite protestations of "Bollocks" and a top of the league position, there are some things that are undeniable. Those things are 1- the results and 2-educated eyes who can see what is going on. The old roman proverb is true and should encourage people not to take their feet off the gas..."Beware the idles of March".

No one will ever convince me that "That's jist the way he is?" is an acceptable excuse for red and yellow cards. If you cannot control your emotions and behaviour, often in the face of severe provocation, then you are never going to amount to anything in this game. That isn't to say that we don't all at times spill over and lose some control or behave in a manner that is out of the Norm, but when your default position is a nipping, moaning at the ref, niggly, cowardly shoulder in the back as you pass, square up head to head, petulant Beckham-esque silly wee kick out, an off the ball punch etc etc then you have no one to blame but yourself. The frustration is palpable coming from the bench and the supporters are getting sick of it too. How many suspensions and cards have we had this year? Some were fair enough (2 bookings, a bad mistimed tackle etc) but most are because we are just silly wee boys, in actions if not years. I put Dundee Violent into that category yesterday but there's is a different fight. No excuse for the embarrassment to the shirt half wit who punched wee Mark and got a straight red. "Et Tu Brute??"

I can understand trying to get under the skin of a team of better players (And that is what we were yesterday) by roughing them up a little, killing the game, having a bit more of a dig and trying to put people off their game. When you are allegedly the better team, for me, then you should allow your skill and ability to win through. Of course you need to match your opponents in battle, but when a 6 stone, 5 foot 2 guy tries to wind you up... smile and bang a few goals in and send them away from the game with a doing and zero points. When we learn that, we will put teams to the sword in games like this.

The fact that we finished the game yesterday with 5 people missing who would be in a starting 11.. (Jason, Shanksy, Ross, Kenny and Mark) is bound to leave you struggling. However this is a game that on the balance of chances we should have won and when you miss numerous chances and struggle to close the game off against teams then you are always likely to drop points. It was certainly in the script as Harry Houdini walked forward in the 94th minute to complete a point saving escapologist routine for the Violent with a brilliant free kick. They are happier with the point than we were but you can't argue it was an unfair result.

3 great goals yesterday (the 2 free kicks and chilli's goal) too and some good honest performances on both sides (2 full backs for Violent and the wee 7 who was an annoying little irritant but effective and skillfull) peppered by BOLLOCKS from some. A good atmosphere in the Violent coo shed which harked back to the good old days of traditional junior football grounds, with passionate fans, not scared to enter into a "Polite exchange of opinions". I enjoyed some good chat with the old boys at the back on the plastic seats and some passionate guys in front who weren't scared to back their team despite their Arsne Wenger "I DID NOT SEE IT" comment about Brutus's cowardly attack from behind. In the end, no one left the place unhappy but I left frustrated. To get to where we have, with the ability we have, in the manner in which we play sometimes, is a fabulous achievement and a testament to the hard work of the players and management team. To chuck it way at the end would be a shame.

My mathematical head, coupled with disappointment at some recent performances, could lead me to believe that we could get "Dragged back into it" as some have suggested. I honestly feel though that we will pick up enough points for automatic promotion. We have as many home games left as away games and with our strong home form, I can see us hitting the required amount of points. We have been lucky at times this season and won or drawn games where it looked unlikely. We have also lost points to poor teams or with lastminute.com goals like yesterday. However, whilst we can be Sugar or Shite .... the truth is out there, somewhere in between. It is time for the men to stand up and lead. We are good enough to go up, I just hope they really believe it and understand what they need to do to prove it to some doubters, to the fans and to themselves.

Football is a game of opinions and I can take any amount of debate regarding my comments and I can accept that others have a different view point. However, just because you say something and believe it to be true, that doesn't make it a fact. Look with your eyes, filter out the bias and think. I would be interested to hear the thoughts of others as despite our obvious foibles, the Hoose are a cracking wee side with some brilliant players who play some of the best passing football in the league... at times. So far those times have outweighted and outnumbered the bad times. If we can do that till the end of the season we will go up.

As it says on the Hoose official website. "Comments on P&B are those of ME and not of the club" however I know that a lot in the club think the same. Grow up, behave and play. Make your choice and if it is the wrong one then I fear you may not be here much longer.... and I would support that.

Sugar or Shite?

mon the Sugar!

Despite protestations of "Bollocks" and a top of the league position, there are some things that are undeniable. Those things are 1- the results and 2-educated eyes who can see what is going on. The old roman proverb is true and should encourage people not to take their feet off the gas..."Beware the idles of March".

No one will ever convince me that "That's jist the way he is?" is an acceptable excuse for red and yellow cards. If you cannot control your emotions and behaviour, often in the face of severe provocation, then you are never going to amount to anything in this game. That isn't to say that we don't all at times spill over and lose some control or behave in a manner that is out of the Norm, but when your default position is a nipping, moaning at the ref, niggly, cowardly shoulder in the back as you pass, square up head to head, petulant Beckham-esque silly wee kick out, an off the ball punch etc etc then you have no one to blame but yourself. The frustration is palpable coming from the bench and the supporters are getting sick of it too. How many suspensions and cards have we had this year? Some were fair enough (2 bookings, a bad mistimed tackle etc) but most are because we are just silly wee boys, in actions if not years. I put Dundee Violent into that category yesterday but there's is a different fight. No excuse for the embarrassment to the shirt half wit who punched wee Mark and got a straight red. "Et Tu Brute??"

I can understand trying to get under the skin of a team of better players (And that is what we were yesterday) by roughing them up a little, killing the game, having a bit more of a dig and trying to put people off their game. When you are allegedly the better team, for me, then you should allow your skill and ability to win through. Of course you need to match your opponents in battle, but when a 6 stone, 5 foot 2 guy tries to wind you up... smile and bang a few goals in and send them away from the game with a doing and zero points. When we learn that, we will put teams to the sword in games like this.

The fact that we finished the game yesterday with 5 people missing who would be in a starting 11.. (Jason, Shanksy, Ross, Kenny and Mark) is bound to leave you struggling. However this is a game that on the balance of chances we should have won and when you miss numerous chances and struggle to close the game off against teams then you are always likely to drop points. It was certainly in the script as Harry Houdini walked forward in the 94th minute to complete a point saving escapologist routine for the Violent with a brilliant free kick. They are happier with the point than we were but you can't argue it was an unfair result.

3 great goals yesterday (the 2 free kicks and chilli's goal) too and some good honest performances on both sides (2 full backs for Violent and the wee 7 who was an annoying little irritant but effective and skillfull) peppered by BOLLOCKS from some. A good atmosphere in the Violent coo shed which harked back to the good old days of traditional junior football grounds, with passionate fans, not scared to enter into a "Polite exchange of opinions". I enjoyed some good chat with the old boys at the back on the plastic seats and some passionate guys in front who weren't scared to back their team despite their Arsne Wenger "I DID NOT SEE IT" comment about Brutus's cowardly attack from behind. In the end, no one left the place unhappy but I left frustrated. To get to where we have, with the ability we have, in the manner in which we play sometimes, is a fabulous achievement and a testament to the hard work of the players and management team. To chuck it way at the end would be a shame.

My mathematical head, coupled with disappointment at some recent performances, could lead me to believe that we could get "Dragged back into it" as some have suggested. I honestly feel though that we will pick up enough points for automatic promotion. We have as many home games left as away games and with our strong home form, I can see us hitting the required amount of points. We have been lucky at times this season and won or drawn games where it looked unlikely. We have also lost points to poor teams or with lastminute.com goals like yesterday. However, whilst we can be Sugar or Shite .... the truth is out there, somewhere in between. It is time for the men to stand up and lead. We are good enough to go up, I just hope they really believe it and understand what they need to do to prove it to some doubters, to the fans and to themselves.

Football is a game of opinions and I can take any amount of debate regarding my comments and I can accept that others have a different view point. However, just because you say something and believe it to be true, that doesn't make it a fact. Look with your eyes, filter out the bias and think. I would be interested to hear the thoughts of others as despite our obvious foibles, the Hoose are a cracking wee side with some brilliant players who play some of the best passing football in the league... at times. So far those times have outweighted and outnumbered the bad times. If we can do that till the end of the season we will go up.

As it says on the Hoose official website. "Comments on P&B are those of ME and not of the club" however I know that a lot in the club think the same. Grow up, behave and play. Make your choice and if it is the wrong one then I fear you may not be here much longer.... and I would support that.

Sugar or Shite?

mon the Sugar!

Kinky, I dont often post on P&B but having read the above post I am sure the second paragraph is about me and tbh i think its an unfair assessment of me and my 'Default' position.

Trust me when i tell you that there was no one more dissapointed than me on Saturday with the sending off. I am not sure how much you saw of the incident but I was sent off for throwing punches? I am not saying i was innocent in the matter but there was only i sly punch thrown and it wasnt from me.

It terms of my default position, I have been booked 5 times in over 20 games this season. I have taken the time to read through the match reports to provide details on my bookings:

1- Luncarty - I was booked for reacting to their defender punching me in the back if the head. my fault fair enough.

2- Broughty - Professional foul, player want past me and was 1v1 so pulled him down.

3- Montrose at home - Booked for a tackle on the winger.

4- Oakley - Booked for reacting to a bad tackle. My fault again.

5- Montrose away - Similar to Broughty, lost the ball and player was breaking through. Pulled him down.

So out of my Five bookings, only 2 were for reacting. I have had 0 this season for arguing with Refs.

You will never change the way i am on a football park Kinky, unfortunatley i do play with agression and get caught up in needless niggles but that is the way i am. However i have made an effort this season to cut out the unneccessary booking which i believe I have done.

We are all entitled to our opinions but as a player who has made an effort to change his ways and compared to previous seasons I think i have, it is extremely frustrating to still be tarnished with the same brush as always. TBH sometime there is just no pleasing the fans/comittee.

Cheers

Kinky, I dont often post on P&B but having read the above post I am sure the second paragraph is about me and tbh i think its an unfair assessment of me and my 'Default' position.

Trust me when i tell you that there was no one more dissapointed than me on Saturday with the sending off. I am not sure how much you saw of the incident but I was sent off for throwing punches? I am not saying i was innocent in the matter but there was only i sly punch thrown and it wasnt from me.

It terms of my default position, I have been booked 5 times in over 20 games this season. I have taken the time to read through the match reports to provide details on my bookings:

1- Luncarty - I was booked for reacting to their defender punching me in the back if the head. my fault fair enough.

2- Broughty - Professional foul, player want past me and was 1v1 so pulled him down.

5- Montrose away - Similar to Broughty, lost the ball and player was breaking through. Pulled him down.

So out of my Five bookings, only 2 were for reacting. I have had 0 this season for arguing with Refs.

You will never change the way i am on a football park Kinky, unfortunatley i do play with agression and get caught up in needless niggles but that is the way i am. However i have made an effort this season to cut out the unneccessary booking which i believe I have done.

We are all entitled to our opinions but as a player who has made an effort to change his ways and compared to previous seasons I think i have, it is extremely frustrating to still be tarnished with the same brush as always. TBH sometime there is just no pleasing the fans/comittee.

Cheers

Well done Kinky.....now up setting the players....good one! I thought the ref had a shocker on Saturday....he will be laughing about it at school today! Looked about 15!

Well done Kinky.....now up setting the players....good one! I thought the ref had a shocker on Saturday....he will be laughing about it at school today! Looked about 15!

He's not upsetting the players. Sometime we as players do not agree with the posts on P&B but again everyone is entitled to their opinion. On this occasion tho I just wanted to defend myself as have made an effort to improve on the needless booking front and didn't want others thinking I was just ''at it again''.

Cheers

have to agree u have calmed down this season .and gave a 100 percent as have all the boys mon the hoose

He's not upsetting the players. Sometime we as players do not agree with the posts on P&B but again everyone is entitled to their opinion. On this occasion tho I just wanted to defend myself as have made an effort to improve on the needless booking front and didn't want others thinking I was just ''at it again''.

This actually wasn't aimed at this lad who has been trying to behave recently and done so ....for the most part! I probably was one of the few who saw the whole thing... right from our lad getting involved in some handbags nonsense right through to the cowardly left hook. the Hooselad never threw a punch and can count himself very unlucky to get a red card from Wee Jimmy Crankie and the Fanny-With-The-Flag who shat himself the whole game.

The point was a general one and is that good players rise above lesser players who try to wind them up, niggle them and get them to lose concentration. Simple. When your default position is to do the things I said, moan at the ref, kick someone off the ball, try to barge them, shoulder them, square up to them.... What good is a player like that to any team? If you can't control your emotions and the team run the risk of finishing with 10, 9 or 8 players... what do the management do? What should fans think? Who is right and who is wrong? The time will come... FACT... when players who continually do that become more of a liability for a team and will move on or get dropped.....This doesn't just apply to the Hoose.....I thought Violent were a disgrace at times......As I have said before, the junior coo sheds are full of "unlucky, it wisnae me, ah coodnae help masel" types.... sitting out games because of the injustices of life. Just shut up, behave and play the game. See.... it is SIMPLE when you are a fan...Most fans are not stupid and can see when a player is trying.

Having said that, players are the architects of their own reputation....... I have never seen a fan get booked for mouthing (Can you imagine the Coo Shed Card Count if you could?????) Just get on with it....If you are a good enough then that is what you should do..... more often than not.

I am no fool (Despite what some may think!) and have been there, done it and was as guilty as most... but you soon learn. I am not talking nonsense. We were FAR better than Violet individually and at times during the game played some good stuff. I just think that over a career, a player will get more out of it and enjoy it more if they cut the crap out and just played. Easier said than done for some I know..... That was the point.

Still, just my opinion.......

Alas this was another coupon buster for me - Kirkintilloch / Kilbirnie and the mighty Hoose were all marked as wins (bankers in my pre match opinion) my Billy Hills treble went oot the windee......always next week !!

Well done on turning your disciplinary problems around it is clear for all to see you have focused hard on it. Next step.....put the keyboard away and ensure you are on the team sheet every week. BTW supporters and committee don't pick that????

Win or lose.

This league or super league

Rain snow

Wine or no wine

4 hours traveling or a walk to park view

Players management commite supporters we are fauldhouse a small village

So lets get back to do what we do best play football and the rewards will be there at the end of the season

Mon the hoose

Dear Ms Tracy, I can see all the hours spent in the car with me have worked! Very erudite!

I wandered lonely as a Buckie Boy

That floats on high o'er Vales and Bridges,

When all at once I saw a crowd

A host of dancing Coo shed wahoos;

Along the Park View, beneath the trees,

Ten thousand drinking in the breeze.

The Jaykit beside them danced, but they outdid his sparkling waves in glee:

A poet could not but be but he,

In such a laughing company:

I screamed – and shouted – but little thought

What wealth the Hoose to me had brought:

For oft when in my car I drive