Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

I said this on another thread and the man Fash and ForeverBlue said it's not even a problem in Scotland....

I think sectarianism is over hyped in Scotland as more of a problem than it actually is, if this is the point you are making then yes I still stand by my point , it is still an issue bot not in the way they media portray it to be

Edited by forever_blue

Oh Buddybhoy! I'd expect deflection like this from your grey and green pals. I'd have hoped for more honesty from you.

The simple truth is that you made a wrong assertion and should man up.

"wan o them" patter, I'd like to say I hoped for more from you, but I'd be lying.

They've had over 300 years to develop some decent forms of cultural expression and the best ideas they've come up with so far have been "let's walk down a street banging a big drum", followed by "let's burn a big pile of wooden pallets".

It's actually the other way around

HTH

Here's another flag story for all you flagophiles to get your teeth into.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-33499465

Who would have believed that such a heinous act could happen in Martin O'Neill's village. Beyond that, hopefully, we'll reach the day soon when the sons of camogie players from West Belfast, will find better things to do with their time than trawling the internet for ways to make the other lot look bad and will instead embrace the mindset of the 1960s rather than the 1690s:

Utter disgrace

Beneath contempt

I'd expected better

The word is "Vexophile" not flagophile.

I hope you feel ashamed

:lol: I never knew there was such a word!

Unbelievable, Jeff!

I don't think knowing things about a friends is so strange , particularly if you are close . Most people probably know most of their close friends background, religion ,sexuality , politics and football team . If they have never popped up yous probably are not that close

The conversation would probably come up in casual conversation about upbringing and childhood, again not really that strange

Again, as mentioned elsewhere, I find this notion utterly bizarre.

I genuinely couldn't tell you the religion of any of my mates, not one single one of them, it's never come up in any sort of casual conversation. I could tell you their sexuality cause pointing out who you find attractive on a night out is 'normal and, of course , many of them have partners. Football is just a given cause that's the sort of thing folk naturally talk about. In fact I could tell you a great deal about all of them but Religion !? Naw !!

Again, as mentioned elsewhere, I find this notion utterly bizarre.

I genuinely couldn't tell you the religion of any of my mates, not one single one of them, it's never come up in any sort of casual conversation. I could tell you their sexuality cause pointing out who you find attractive on a night out is 'normal and, of course , many of them have partners. Football is just a given cause that's the sort of thing folk naturally talk about. In fact I could tell you a great deal about all of them but Religion !? Naw !!

Fitba and birds. How exciting must hanging out with you be...

I find the notion totally bizarre that that's not something you would have talked about at least once with your close pals?

I find the notion totally bizarre that that's not something you would have talked about at least once with your close pals?

I'm not sure if you're serious.

I rented a house for 12 years with some very good mates and I haven't got a clue what religion any of them were - I genuinely and seriously couldn't tell you. I could tell you hunners of things about them and recall many many 'adventures' with them but not what religion they were.