Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

It's shameful that you are just mentioning Scotland when other sides embarrass themselves by playing cricket too.

Is Scotland only a "side" now, and not a country?

Why praise something founded on bigotry?

They are just encouraging children to part of it.

Why not abolish it and love in harmony thereby ending the need for this supposed good work.

The groups can be integrated until their differences are pointed out by adults who should know better.

What ? So people who have set up youth clubs , football teams , rugby teams etc with a specific aim of bringing children of both communities together are actively encouraging bigotry? Please explain that one , in my eyes they deserve the same praise as the people who do similar work over here aimed at keeping teenagers out of gangs and petty crime

as a copper that is the most naive outlook I have ever heard , you can't just abolish something and then expect everything to go on happily ever after , particularly in a place like Northern Ireland

The Scotland cricket side is a side. An embarassment to the country of Scotland but lest we forget on this Scotland cricket thread that Sri Lanka play cricket too.

Big day for Scotland in the world T20 qualifying with a massive game against surprise group leaders Oman at Goldenacre at 10 am. A win gets Scotland in the top 4 and through to the playoff round at and if other results go in their favour they could finish top and get automatic qualification.

Thanks for dragging this thread back on topic

I guess those of our correspondents whose sympathies lie in Ireland didn't want to talk about the shocking loss of form they've experienced. Losing to Papua New Guinea and Hong Kong leaves their position about as finely balanced as ours.

Thanks for dragging this thread back on topic

I guess those of our correspondents whose sympathies lie in Ireland didn't want to talk about the shocking loss of form they've experienced. Losing to Papua New Guinea and Hong Kong leaves their position about as finely balanced as ours.

I was going to ask you if Ireland were still in with a chance - although I suppose I could have googled it.

So, both my teams on the way out - sad times.

Given that international cricket involves teams representing geographic areas where it would be problematical to use the term "country" or "nation" such as the West Indies, Hong Kong, Ireland, Jersey or "England and Wales" it's best not to get too pernickety about these things.

I was going to ask you if Ireland were still in with a chance - although I suppose I could have googled it.

So, both my teams on the way out - sad times.

Ireland play Jersey in Dublin tomorrow. A win would see them through. They should get that no trouble but they "should" have beaten HK and PNG and be home and hosed by now.

Ireland play Jersey in Dublin tomorrow. A win would see them through. They should get that no trouble but they "should" have beaten HK and PNG and be home and hosed by now.

Don't mention hoses - it'll only start off the UFO pics again.

Given that international cricket involves teams representing geographic areas where it would be problematical to use the term "country" or "nation" such as the West Indies, Hong Kong, Ireland, Jersey or "England and Wales" it's best not to get too pernickety about these things.

Why not? That's the sole purpose of posting on P&B.

At the end of the glorious 12th over Scotland are 101-3 Kyle Coetzer with some staunch batting getting 50 after 25 balls.

The windy weather has created an unconventional press box post-41030-14372134743334_thumb.jpg

The Standings going into the last daypost-41030-14372135245911_thumb.jpg

It's a struggle sometimes to believe NI is part of the UK.

When you look around the rest of the UK, you don't see these type of scenes. If you travel to England or Wales and ask the locals if they think NI is a representation of the UK in 2015, they've probably laugh.

It couldn't be further from modern UK with its attitudes if it tried.

It's a struggle sometimes to believe NI is part of the UK.

When you look around the rest of the UK, you don't see these type of scenes. If you travel to England or Wales and ask the locals if they think NI is a representation of the UK in 2015, they've probably laugh.

It couldn't be further from modern UK with its attitudes if it tried.

As it tends to be for many Celtic fans,but hey-ho.